Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Waiting for Party Starter Video

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interscope is basically releasing singles the same way as Columbia did for "Big Willie Style", the singles are a half a year apart, it's no different except Will's not that popular now, that's the only difference and the album sales show that fans are not anticipating anymore singles so this will probably be the last one since fans are not buying the album this much this time. :stickpoke:

Edited by bigted

why are people mad at Will? Im really grateful for what he has done with lost and found. He could have been greedy and did a movie in the time it took to do the music and get himself another 20 mil, but no he didnt he lost out on millions to do this.

So we should all be thankful we have what we have bcoz Will could have quit music a long time ago.

Every1 just chill :davidblaine:

Interscope is basically releasing singles the same way as Columbia did for "Big Willie Style", the singles are a half a year apart, it's no different except Will's not that popular now, that's the only difference and the album sales show that fans are not anticipating anymore singles so this will probably be the last one since fans are not buying the album this much this time.  :stickpoke:

Granted... but wouldn't it be smart as a result to adapt to the difference and release singles closer to eachother...

When I was in high school, I used to study for tests the night before and I would do well. However now that I'm at college, I've had to change my studying habits to continue to do well. Studying the night before just won't cut it anymore.

Releasing a single every 6 months just won't cut it anymore...

That's what I said a few weeks ago in the podcast. If he'd banged out Switch, Party Starter and Pump Ya Brakes/Tell Me Why all with videos within the space of four or 5 months Lost & Found would have gone platinum - easy. But as he says, maybe he's not that bothered about sales anymore.

nah i dont think it would work like that. 50 cent put out so many sinlges recently im confused by how many hes had out, not that id buy his stuff anyway. If the singles fly by people will forget the songs easily and therefore forget that there is an album out there.

Will just needs to keep steady sales over a few months, or years as it might be now. I know they have got low and i agree that ps needs to come out now, but i disagree with releasing them all together. You know what they say slow and steady wins the race. :dope:

You think? I'm not sure, I know if I was a kid or a person who'd never heard Will's music before, I definitely wouldn't be rushing out to buy the album after just hearing Switch, I'd need one or two 'confirmation' tracks to finalise my decision to purchase...

I know 50 released all those singles, and yes - I was confused too. But that was music I wasn't interested in. I know if an artist released 3 or 4 cool tracks that I liked in a short space of time I'd be taking notice...