JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

AOL.com picks 11 Best Hip-Hop Artists

TopDawg14

Oh and you dont think that there is eminem fans seeing a list with will smith on it and saying the same things that you all are. I believe I doesn't matter who's on the list. ITS ONLY A LIST made by people who doesnt even know what hip hop is. I believe Jay z should be on there. Because his lyrics are outstanding the same with his flow and Ted "Reasonable Doubt" his only classic album? Have you heard the others? "Black Album" in my eyes is an instant classic. The Blueprints where just average but there are so many other albums that are classic.

On every list the top 2 will be biggie and pac' no matter who you are. They died for hip hop (Rest in peice) I believe NWA shouldn't be on the list but Dr Dre defitenly should be on the list. It isn't about the amount of albums they done. It's about the meaning behind the albums. The reason i think Dr Dre should be up there is because he is a genuis at beats. Hate him or love him. Diss his beats and your just stupid.

It's really a list of 11? That 11 was there just so they could put Eminem up there.

God Blessa!

this is just like who's the hottest rapper out now on the most part,

Than why is Eric B. And Rakim in it? :lolsign:

Well they were the exception, yeah there can't be a perfect list but you can't mention Jay-Z and not LL/Will, they've been out longer and have had stronger careers, 38 years and 50 million albums sold combined, I heard all of Jay-Z' albums and they ain't in the same league as "Mama Said Knock You Out", "Big Willie Style", "Mr. Smith", "Lost and Found", "G.O.A.T.", "Code Red", "Radio", and "Willenium" to me except maybe "Reasonable Doubt", he's had some good albums though but he's not in that league to me. That's not fair that the dead rappers get more props than the rappers living either! :whatthelerkot: Shouldn't De La Soul and Heavy D get more props too? Biggie released only 2 albums even if they're called classic albums, Heavy D has more classic albums than him too: "Peaceful Journey", "Blue Funk", and "Nothin' But Love" are masterpieces that make him one of the greatest mcs ever, and Queen Latifah deserves more props for what she's done as an mc, no female mc has been at that level yet. NWA should be on the list if you combine every rapper's solo careers, preferably Dr.Dre/Ice Cube, Dr. Dre is a great producer but an average mc, "The Chronic" is a masterpiece and Ice Cube has had a great solo career too especially the "Amerikka's Mosted" and "Death Certificate" albums. 2Pac made such a great impact in such a short time, Biggie never came close to that, there's no way you could say "Ready To Die"/"Life After Death" is on the same level "All Eyez On Me"/"Me Against The World" and Biggie never responded back to "Hit 'Em Up" where Pac tore him apart lyrically.

Edited by bigted

It's really a list of 11? That 11 was there just so they could put Eminem up there.

God Blessa!

this is just like who's the hottest rapper out now on the most part,

Than why is Eric B. And Rakim in it? :lolsign:

Well they were the exception, yeah there can't be a perfect list but you can't mention Jay-Z and not LL/Will, they've been out longer and have had stronger careers, 38 years and 50 million albums sold combined, I heard all of Jay-Z' albums and they ain't in the same league as "Mama Said Knock You Out", "Big Willie Style", "Mr. Smith", "Lost and Found", "G.O.A.T.", "Code Red", "Radio", and "Willenium" to me except maybe "Reasonable Doubt", he's had some good albums though but he's not in that league to me. That's not fair that the dead rappers get more props than the rappers living either! :whatthelerkot: Shouldn't De La Soul and Heavy D get more props too? Biggie released only 2 albums even if they're called classic albums, Heavy D has more classic albums than him too: "Peaceful Journey", "Blue Funk", and "Nothin' But Love" are masterpieces that make him one of the greatest mcs ever, and Queen Latifah deserves more props for what she's done as an mc, no female mc has been at that level yet. NWA should be on the list if you combine every rapper's solo careers, preferably Dr.Dre/Ice Cube, Dr. Dre is a great producer but an average mc, "The Chronic" is a masterpiece and Ice Cube has had a great solo career too especially the "Amerikka's Mosted" and "Death Certificate" albums. 2Pac made such a great impact in such a short time, Biggie never came close to that, there's no way you could say "Ready To Die"/"Life After Death" is on the same level "All Eyez On Me"/"Me Against The World" and Biggie never responded back to "Hit 'Em Up" where Pac tore him apart lyrically.

Except from the Biggie Pac thing i think your right!

But in the other hand also an MC who just released one Album could be on that list when he is realy has some skils!

Edited by bigted

How could you compare Run-Dmc to Tribe Called Quest, Biggie to Rakim, 2Pac to Ice Cube, Jay-Z to Will Smith? That's like comparing Wilt Chamberlain to Shaq since they came in different eras, it's better to make seperate lists and compare artists/albums out at that time period like I said before than it is to make a list comparing different eras, I made my list ol' school mostly since it's easier to compare KRS/Rakim than it is to compare KRS/Nas.

Edited by bigted

• Admin

speaking of stupid lists.. the stupidest 1 I ever saw was they had MTVs greatest music video dancers or sumthin.. and they had micheal jackson at 11!!!!! :noooo: :noooo: :noooo: and nelly and p diddy and britney spears in the top 5.. these lists are garbage..they just put whoever is hot at the minute in 2 them :whatthelerkot:

This is the list of the 11 best hip-hop artists ever according to AOL.com:

1. The Notorious B.I.G.

2. Tupac

3. Eric B. & Rakim

4. NWA

5. Run-D.M.C.

6. Jay-Z

7. Public Enemy

8. The Wu-Tang Clan

9. A Tribe Called Quest

10. Nas

11. Eminem

Thats the Stupidest list i have ever seen in my life!! nuff said :jada: :daveuidiot: :mygod:

• Members

speaking of stupid lists.. the stupidest 1 I ever saw was they had MTVs greatest music video dancers or sumthin.. and they had micheal jackson at 11!!!!!  :noooo:  :noooo:  :noooo:  and nelly and p diddy and britney spears in the top 5.. these lists are garbage..they just put whoever is hot at the minute in 2 them  :whatthelerkot:

WOW. WhattheLerkot for sure. :whatthelerkot:

The best list i ever saw was the greatest rappers on channel 4 in the UK. It was based on record sales and airplay i think. It was just before eminem and 50 got so big. Will was number 1 and other artists were people like salt and pepper and run dmc. They need to make more lists like that one.