4. NWA

5. Run-D.M.C.

6. Jay-Z

7. Public Enemy

8. The Wu-Tang Clan

9. A Tribe Called Quest

10. Nas

11. Eminem

You can go to AOL.com to see the list and features on each artist.

• Admin

1. The Notorious B.I.G. - how many classic albums did he release?2. Tupac

3. Eric B. & Rakim

4. NWA

5. Run-D.M.C.

6. Jay-Z

7. Public Enemy - should be top 3 at the least

8. The Wu-Tang Clan

9. A Tribe Called Quest

10. Nas - for what 1 good album?

11. Eminem - your kidding right?

:noooo:

of course i completely disagree with this list..but these lists are always highly subjective and stupid anyway :shrug:

Tim,

If you want to get your laugh on then you should read the message boards on AOL.com about this list. One person posted had the worst 11 hip-hop artist list and had Will at #8... for being too old school! I'm not making this up.

Other cats were putting Cassidy at #1.

Here's the link: AOL.com message board

Edited by TopDawg14

1. The Notorious B.I.G. - how many classic albums did he release?2. Tupac

3. Eric B. & Rakim

4. NWA

5. Run-D.M.C.

6. Jay-Z

7. Public Enemy - should be top 3 at the least

8. The Wu-Tang Clan

9. A Tribe Called Quest

10. Nas - for what 1 good album?

11. Eminem - your kidding right?

:noooo:

of course i completely disagree with this list..but these lists are always highly subjective and stupid anyway :shrug:

What good album did Biggie release? "Ready To Die" is the most overrated album ever, it only has like 3 good songs on there. NWA hasn't released an album in over 10 years, De La Soul should be in their place 'cause they're still out. Eminem shouldn't be on this list either, he only had 2 good albums, they might as well put Ja Rule on the list 'cause he had 2 good albums too, lol, they both have to hang up the mic 'cause their albums after 2000 have been awful to say the least. Jay-Z' "Reasonable Doubt" is the only Jay-Z classic but I could name at least 50 albums better than that one, so it's a tad bit overrated, I wouldn't put "Ready To Die" in the top 100 though. Nas "Illmatic" is arguably the greatest album ever after "It Takes A Nation Of Millions..." so Nas deserves to be mentioned, the rest of his albums are good too but they didn't mention KRS, LL, Big Daddy Kane, Slick Rick, or Will so neither him, Biggie, Eminem, or Jay-Z should be on here. Did mostly kids for this list? btw, I saw that top 10 worst list, they have Nick Cannon on there not Will, they just said Nick Cannon's actin' like Will Smith #2, but I see they had Jay-Z at #1, lol, he ain't my favorite but I'd say that he's better than Vanilla Ice and Nelly at least, well Nick Cannon hasn't really done much in hip-hop anyway so far and he is trying to ride Will's style but it's better than everyone trying to be the next Biggie, "Gigolo" is about as forgettable as any 50 Cent song out now. It looks like Will's gonna have to release "Mr. Nice Guy" to finish Eminem's career so the media could start putting him in the top 10 instead! :ShockRifle:

Here's the top 11 in my opinion:

1-KRS-ONE

2-Rakim

3-LL Cool J/Will Smith(tie since they're mirror images of each other careerwise)

4-Public Enemy

5-Run-DMC

6-De La Soul

7-Slick Rick

8-Big Daddy Kane

9-NWA

10-Queen Latifah

11-Melle Mel

I like Nas and 2Pac but they're already on everyone's top 10 so I figured I'd show some love to De La Soul and Will Smith since they always get overshadowed since the East/West beef.

Edited by bigted

We shoud al relax..I mean come on..AOL? :lolsign:

We know better! :dope:

:iagree: Stupid list! Nothing more to say about that!

:iagree: 2. Ppl that come up wit these lists change 'em like every 5mins depending on whos the flavor of the month is. Watch if WS album goes platinum they put WS back on the list. I see as its best not 2 think about it n relax :davidblaine: .Cos we all know who belongs on that list :angelamor:

yeah u can't expect much with these lists. top 11 artists is a pretty narrowed down field. i mean think of all the rappers out there, to choose just 11 is hard. and pretty much everybody that reads the list will probably have different tastes and not like it. it's just AOL so i wasn't expectin much. however, i feel a :tednmax: going on between some of the others :lolsign:

It's really a list of 11? That 11 was there just so they could put Eminem up there.

God Blessa!

Yeah I thought it was always a top 10 list too, well if it was 2000 and "Marshall Mathers LP" was out he'd be #1 and if it was '98 with "Big Willie Style" Will would be #1 too, lol, this is just like who's the hottest rapper out now on the most part, AOL has no hip-hop cred either so I ain't sweatin' it.

Edited by bigted