JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Wills Beats

Mike

loads are sampled. It's crazy when I'm at work and they sometimes listen to Century Radio (70's 80's etc), and I hear the tracks JJFP and Will have sampled... once I thought the were playing 'Live in Union Square' on the radio!!!!! :lolsign:

Yeah sometimes on tv shows they'll play songs like that and I'll be like "Omg it's JJFP!!!" but then it ends up being something different.

• Members

Thats what rap is. Melodys are sampled and harder beats are added. Loop it and add some breakdowns and you have yourself a hit. Is it just me or is the rap that Snoop has on "Pump Your Breaks" a joke. NO flow at all and I have no clue what he was trying to get across. Once again Will said it,"People be clappin even when the rappin is wacked."

Mostly every beat in hip-hop has been a sample even "Rapper's Delight" that sampled "Good Times", it's like songs that sampled other songs are being sampled themselves now too, lol, I don't have a hip-hop album in my collection that doesn't have samples.

I heard the song that WS got the beat for Miami on GTA:Vice City. The song is called "The Beat Goes On". But anyway yeah alot of rappers use samples. When you think about it WS n JJ include sum nice ol' skool samples in their song. Like in Homebase they use Rick James(RIP) "Give It 2 Me" on their track "I'm All That". "Summertime they use Kool n Gang "Summer Madness", u can hear that 1 2 on GTA:Vice City. They also use 1 from a tv show well 2 tv shows. We all know which 1's r those