JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

what did fat joe do to fifty cent

cristigolo

• Members

Well, Fat Joe appeared in the video NYNY by Ja Rule alongside Jadakiss and were trying to be all tough as if they were the kings of New York. But 50 and G-Unit put them in their rightful places and killed them with their verses and showed everybody who the true hip-hop rulers are now. :2thumbs:

naw man 50 didn't do anythign to fat joe 50 cant battle everyonce and a while he comes with a good song but other than that everysongs the excat same.... jadkiss's diss checkmate killed 50cent so bad piggybank was a gay as hell song... common calling a song a dud haha

• Members

naw man 50 didn't do anythign to fat joe 50 cant battle everyonce and a while he comes with a good song but other than that everysongs the excat same.... jadkiss's diss checkmate killed 50cent so bad piggybank was a gay as hell song... common calling a song a dud haha

Uh.....buddy....a big 50 Cent fan here. :wave: So please be kind enough in your choice of words while describing G-Unit's music. C'ya homie. :lolsign:

50 was pissed at Fat Joe because he got on the track New York, New York with Ja Rule (along with Jadakiss). That's why he came at them in Piggy Bank, which was a weak song. Fat Joe and Jadakiss' responses were both way better than 50 trying to diss them. Now Nas is coming at him, all three of them are better than 50. On Piggy Bank, 50 tried to say that "Lean Back" was a flop, but in reality, it was a huge hit, so I don't know what he was trying to do with that. In Jadakiss' response "Checkmate" he spits this line, Yeah, you committed a felony, but you ain't a predicate, Never the king of NY, you live in Connecticut. When 50 heard that, he was probably simply confused, didn't even know what he meant.

Let's remember that there is Rap music and that there is Hip-Hop music and they they aren't the same thing. Opinions can very who has skillz and who dosen't...but who is Rap and who is Hip-Hop is fact. G-Unit is not Hip-Hop. When it comes 2 G-Unit, Fat Joe, Ja-Rule, Jadakiss...it has nothing 2 do with Hip-Hop. It's just an immature, uninteresting Rap beef. A Hip-Hop battle of words is better summed up with LL Cool J and Canibus.

AJ i do believe G unit, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Ja Rule are hip hop. How can't you say there not. Rap music is hip hop. I agree some people on this board don't like G unit etc...But at the end of the day they made it onto the hip hop or rap scene (If there is a difference) So none of us have any right to say that they don't belong there.

And with this beef with Ja Rule, Fat Joe and Jada, 50 was cool with Fat Joe and Jadakiss...Never been cool with Ja Rule. 50 was trying to explain to Fat Joe and Jadakiss that Ja rule wasn't the best person to work with. And i believe 50 asked to do a song with Jadakiss after Jada was in the studio with eminem but he declined. So then "Piggy Bank" was released onto the scene then Fat Joe's "My Fo Fo" and then Jada's "Checkmate". Jada has a few songs working now to diss 50 more.