JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Code Red IS Will's Best Album

Hero1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, code red is one of the best album in hip hop history.. It doesn't matter for me that it didn't sell so much, we all know how good and fresh it is!! U can't skip a track of code red, it's a masterpiece and what makes it sooooo goood are the beats.... TIMELESS!!!! another reason that makes code red a masterpiece is I WANNA ROCK, I love that song too much, u can feel the perfect chemistry betweenn jj n fp in that song...great! but I don't know if it's the best will smith album... best JJ+FP for sure, now I really like lost&found that lirically is great..maybe the beats are not on the same level of code red. WHAT A PITY!!!

"Code Red" is no doubt a classic album, I was just sayin' when the media usually talk about JJFP's career they won't say that "Code Red"'s their best album, they'd most likely mention "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" and "Homebase" 'cause they were the albums that they were most known for and featured their timeless hits "Summertime", "Brand New Funk", and "Parents Just Don't Understand", for that reason "Code Red" is an underrated classic just like "Willenium" 'cause they weren't the highest sellin' albums at the time and they didn't get any awards, a lot of classic albums get overlooked by many great artists if they ain't the highest sellin' artist and that's ignorant, they should talk about content, not sales, a lot underground albums get overlooked too, "Code Red" is right up there with "The Chronic" and any of the high sellin' albums that time, it's surprisin' that it only sold 200,000 with 5 singles, that's what makes it even more amazing that "Lost and Found" sold 600,000 with only "Switch", it's hard to compare albums 'cause Will's had so many classics but "He's The DJ..." is in a league of its own since it shows all of JJFP's original style, they gotta do another album together, just them, no featured rappers or producers in order to top that one.

Edited by bigted

Well if JJFP did another album together with no major features it probably wouldn't sell much but I think it'd be the best album to listen to, I wanna hear more of Jazzy's scratching than I do catchy hooks, that's what matters anyway, most albums that sell much now are kinda wack too, I don't think people consider "Encore" classic, "The Chronic" was at least a high quality album, '93 was one of the last years of most of dope hip-hop being on the mainstream, now most great albums get slept on.

Edited by bigted

• Members

I'm gonna have to check it out again because the first time I heard it I didnt like it. I felt he was trying to be too hard and his voice sounded straind. Not to mention if you go to any used record store you'll find 5-6 copies of it for a buck. As for "He's the DJ" it'll always hold a special place in my heart because that was the album that he was doing when I seen him in concert the first time. EPMD,Public Enemy,JJ & FP, & Run DMC. That was the badest concert I have ever been to. PE stole the show though with the S1W's standing gaurd with uzi's all around the stage and that was "Nation of Millions". I went by myself because I sold a poem I wrote to a friend who wanted it to get a girl. It didnt work out for him but I had a blast watchin Freddy take Jeff off the stage after their set. I think I was the only white dude on the floor that night. But, back to the topic at hand. I'll say Homebase was the best because of pure flow.I'm All That, Summertime, This Boy Is Smooth, The Things That You Do, Ring My Bell, and Caught In the Middle. The only song I didnt really like was "Blinker".

I'm gonna have to check it out again because the first time I heard it I didnt like it. I felt he was trying to be too hard and his voice sounded straind.

That might be the case in "Boom!", but for the rest of the album FP didn't seem to be "hard" at all. It's just that one track.

• 2 weeks later...