Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Code Red IS Will's Best Album

Hero1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shaketheroom

Boom! deserves its place on the album though. It is not a reflection of the album at all, but it is a monster dance club party track. Tracks like those dont come along often. It was also the first rap song to go to no #1 in England and was a number one hit around the world.

Boom! deserves its place on the album though.  It is not a reflection of the album at all, but it is a monster dance club party track. Tracks like those dont come along often. It was also the first rap song to go to no #1 in England and was a number one hit around the world.

:word: That's true. Even tho it didn't reflect the album, it was still a smash hit and a great song.

"Code Red" couldn't possibly be the greatest hip-hop album of all time even if "From Da South" was released as the 1st single instead of "Boom! Shake The Room", I don't get how Will could say "Boom! Shake The Room" was his worse song, I mean "Switch" is even worse, that track was the worst on the album which tells you how strong this album is, but it's better than a few other songs on "Lost and Found" too, and a lot of the singles Will has released in recent years, I still think "He's The DJ..." is the greatest for Will 'cause that's what people will remember him by, "Code Red" only sold 200,000 copies, it didn't impact that much, "The Chronic" was dominating then.

For me just kickin it, is the best track they have done

i also think that boom deserved to be on the album, it was their first UK number 1, it has to be on there for sentimental reasons :jazzy:

For me just kickin it, is the best track they have done

i also think that boom deserved to be on the album, it was their first UK number 1, it has to be on there for sentimental reasons  :jazzy:

:metoo: when i first heard boom i thought it was the greatest song ever created, and still deep deep inside it's still one of my favourites

Songs that make this album for me are shadow dreams, twinkle twinkle, Im looking for the one, the list could go on. Like Tim said there are no fillers so i guess thats what makes the album.

To this day i will never understand why it didnt sell well. When i bought it i thought it was the best selling for jjfp until i heard different. One of lifes many questions.

I have to say that Code Red is the best as well... it's listenable 12 years after the fact... You can't do that with too many albums... I think that all the reasons Tim listed are valid...

Think of how good Lost and Found would have been minus If you can't dance and the switch remixes... ahhh to dream... Take Born to Reign from the album and put it on Lost and Found and it would have been a wrap...

• Members

It might be the best album...but not without a fight.  It might be the greatest Hip-Hop album of all time if they kept "Boom!..." off it and tossed on "From Da South" and "Get Hyped."

ive listened to wills music for years now and i have to be honest that i have never heard From Da South........could someone post it plz......

It might be the best album...but not without a fight.  It might be the greatest Hip-Hop album of all time if they kept "Boom!..." off it and tossed on "From Da South" and "Get Hyped."

ive listened to wills music for years now and i have to be honest that i have never heard From Da South........could someone post it plz......

I haven't heard it either...

Edited by FuNkY.FrEsH.ChIcK