JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Release Party Starter

yeah how is DD/MM/YY more logical than MM/DD/YY? i think they are both equally logic, i'm just used 2 seeing the MM/DD/YY version myself.

Because.......

DAYS make up MONTHS and months make up YEARS! So the correct order should go DD/MM/YY!!

:lolsign:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

yeah how is DD/MM/YY more logical than MM/DD/YY? i think they are both equally logic, i'm just used 2 seeing the MM/DD/YY version myself.

Because.......

DAYS make up MONTHS and months make up YEARS! So the correct order should go DD/MM/YY!!

:lolsign:

Yeah, that's true. I'm used to DD/MM/YY too. :1-say-yes:

• Members

well when u pronounce the the date, u don't say it's the 5th August 2005 (at least not in the US). u'd say, it's August 5th, 2005! the MM/DD/YY goes along with how it's pronounced which is why it's easier 4 me 2 follow.

Hmm, while talking that is how I say it too. Too much confusion, isn't it? :thatsux:

Just to make English ppl look even more stupid i have a question. Is the release date for party starter to the radio? bcoz u dont get singles do u, but saying that its already played on the radio. :hmm:

Again the americans mix stuff up and have to do things differently lol. Oh and to continue this argument, we invnted the english language and so u should keep it the same in respect for using our language, that includes the way we write dates. :lolsign:

Just to make English ppl look even more stupid i have a question. Is the release date for party starter to the radio? bcoz u dont get singles do u, but saying that its already played on the radio.  :hmm:

Again the americans mix stuff up and have to do things differently lol. Oh and to continue this argument, we invnted the english language and so u should keep it the same in respect for using our language, that includes the way we write dates.  :lolsign:

Lol

Just to make English ppl look even more stupid i have a question. Is the release date for party starter to the radio? bcoz u dont get singles do u, but saying that its already played on the radio.  :hmm:

Again the americans mix stuff up and have to do things differently lol. Oh and to continue this argument, we invnted the english language and so u should keep it the same in respect for using our language, that includes the way we write dates.  :lolsign:

Lol

Yeah we've changed the language quite a bit, haven't we? We might as well not call it English anymore, and call our language "American" and you guys can keep your "English" :lolsign:

well when u pronounce the the date, u don't say it's the 5th August 2005 (at least not in the US). u'd say, it's August 5th, 2005! the MM/DD/YY goes along with how it's pronounced which is why it's easier 4 me 2 follow.

Yeah, that's why we have the date ordered the way we do.

August 5th, 2005...

08/05/05....

Think about it like this, September 11th was 9/11... Even you guys in the UK and other parts of the world say 9/11... It just wouldn't be right if people went around saying 11/9... The whole 911 symbolism would have been lost... people would have been saying 119... Is this petty... yeah... Is this a ridiculous point... yeah... but when you reach... reach as much as possible...

I would say it's the 5th of August today anyway. If someone asks you the date, they're likely to already know what month it is. If you say August 5th then you're telling them what's likely to be the least important bit of information first (August) instead of the most important bit of information (5th), to me it's just the wrong way round...

Yeh in england we say the day first when we pronounce it.

I also think that we also called it 9/11 over here, is because that's how people in america were refering to it and that where it happend