JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Got something for you!

Snouf

• Members

I got something for the Pac fans over here. This is a free remix album produced by Phonkey Dee for my website www.2pacaveli.de! It got a lot of house/trance vibes because Phonkey Dee is a house DJ. There are some cool songs on there, check them out and post some feedback. I did the artwork, tell me what you think.

Here's the link:

PHONKEY DEE REMIX ALBUM VOL.2 - PICTURE OF PERFECTION (2PACAVELI.DE)

Edited by Snouf

naw em did a pretty good job actually man the production is Straight but the Features are whack the way he minupliates his voice is whack and everything but if your a true 2Pac fan you wont care what eminem did because you listen to lyrics not beats.... Etc..

Truth be told...those Eminem beats suck!! 2...maybe 3 of them were okay, the rest were garbage. 2Pac would never write 2 wack beats like that. Loyal To The Game is a crappy album ONLY becuz of Eminem's production. The album didn't do 2 well 4 a 2pac album, that's cuz 2Pac fans were discusted in the quality of it.

I think what should have been done is just release Tupac's original recordings, untouched, and then you can rlease CD's with Eminem or other producers mixing it, that would have been an honest approach, but I could never see them doing that, way way to much money involved.

We are really off topic by now...but i think EVERY 2Pac album release should have been 1 disc of original remastered trax, and a bonus disc of new remixed versions of the songs...if they felt they had 2 re-mix all that stuff.

• Members

Eminem did the album for free!! And Afeni wanted to finish the work on the Tupac Shakur Center for the Arts so he let Em produce it. But that's no excuse, changing Tupac's voice/speed is just fake! And let him say things he never said is ****ed up too. The beats are not the big problem in my opinion, they changed his rap, his emotions, it's not the same... :thatsux:

hey Phonkey Dee did a good job on this. the beats match up fine. this brings me 2 the hard part: i didn't enjoy it that much lol. like u said, the beats are house beats, and i just don't like them as much as the original beats that were used in most of the songs. it's not anybody's fault, i just don't like these beats as much. it's unfortunate, cuz it's remixed well. i might burn it 2 a cd anyways cuz some parts are pretty good and there's album art 2 go with it :2thumbs: good job

some notes: my favs were Me Against The World and Fair Xchange, but i don't like the way the vocals were edited on Fair Xchange. also, i dig the beat on on 4 My N****z, but the vocals have very bad quality!

the artwork u did was very good, i'm jealous!

Edited by reborn2reign

• Members

Thanks for the feedback! As I said, maybe you don't like the beats but it's remixed well. I don't like techno or house too but I like some of those songs, it's a bit fresh air for Pac's music I think. And Dee is creative, he does things with Pac's lyrics nobody tries and I think it still sounds good!

Of course thanks for the props on the cover, I like doing this so if you need something, holler at ya boy :1-say-yes: