JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NBA News..

Vipa

Yea. I think Indianna might go after him. I wanted Portland too, but they already have 14 Active Players on their roster, and Nate mcmillian wants to save that final spot for Training Camps, incase a young player impresses them.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Grant is past his prime, he is only good as a role player off the bench. Shaq is good at recruiting players to his teams, shows how much he really cares.

sources are saying that Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Sacramento are close to a deal...

I love that, I live Near Sac, and I really like SAR. Playing Ability, and all around, his morals. Great Player, even ebtter guy. He'll blend in well in Sactown....

I see the Bulls ain't making any moves so far this offseason, no trades, no rookies, no free agents, it's like the team management took the summer off! :ponder:

The sixers have agreed terms with Steven Hunter.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/hunter_050811.html

The eastern conference is for the sixers taking :ShockRifle:

Cassell is past his prime, but the Eastern Conference is up for the Miami Heat this year, no doubt, Shaq, Wade, Walker, Williams, Posey, and Haslem, that lineup is nasty.

Sam Cassell may be old but he could help lead the Clippers to the playoffs, he could be a mentor for all the younger players on that team.

Hey check out the tracklisting for NBA2K6 I found on okayplayer's board:

"NBA 2K6 Soundtrack (tracklist)", I hope it's as cheap as last year's, lol, that was such a great value:

1. "Schoolyard Scrimage Intro" - RJD2

2. "Big Money Talk" - Lyrics Born

3. "That's Why I'm Here" - Redman

4. "Excellent" - Blackalicious

5. "Carolina Agents" - Little Brother

6. "Set 'Em On Fire" - The Roots

7. "Doin' My Job" - Aceyalone

8. "Throw It In Ya Grill" - Hieroglyphics

9. "The Movement" - Common

10. "The Jam" - Jean Grae

11. "Ride" - Zion I

12. "Junkyard" - Aesop Rock

13. "2K6" - Skillz

14. "Schoolyard Scrimage Outro" - RJD2

Mavericks plan to trade Michael Finley and sign Doug Christie:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2135039

"Mavs exploring trade options for Finley

ESPN.com news services

DALLAS -- Michael Finley's final day with the Dallas Mavericks arrived Monday, when the team was still exploring trade options leading up to a deadline to waive its longtime leader and captain.

Under a one-time amnesty provision in the NBA's new labor contract, the Mavericks would save $51 million in luxury taxes over the next three years by waiving Finley, who would become an unrestricted free agent.

Finley would still be guaranteed the $51 million left on his contract, plus whatever money he gets from a new team. He wouldn't be able to re-sign with the Mavericks until his original contract expires after the 2007-08 season, when he will be 35.

The deadline for taking advantage of the amnesty provision was 11 p.m. CT Monday.

Finley was traded to the Mavericks from Phoenix on Dec. 26, 1996, and is the longest-tenured player on the Dallas roster. He averaged 19.8 points for the Mavericks over 626 games the past 8½ seasons.

The Mavericks reportedly have already found Finley's replacement.

Reports out of Texas said the Mavericks have reached an oral agreement with veteran swingman Doug Christie on a one-year, $3 million deal. Before Christie officially becomes a Maverick, he must wait seven days to clear waivers, according to league rules.

Christie was waived Thursday by the Orlando Magic under the same amnesty clause.

Finley was an All-Star before Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki were, then together that trio became known as the "Big Three" -- taking the Mavericks from being one of the league's worst teams to having at least 50 wins and going to the playoffs four straight seasons. Nash left as a free agent last summer to the Suns.

In 2001, Finley signed a maximum contract of $100-plus million over seven years. The Mavericks owe him about $16 million for 2005-06, with salaries of roughly $17 million and $18 million over the next two seasons.

This past season, Finley had some of the lowest averages in his 12 NBA seasons, scoring 15.7 points a game -- his lowest ever in Dallas. He shot 42.7 percent from the field and averaged a career-low 4.1 rebounds.

Since averaging at least 20 points a game in his first five full seasons in Dallas, Finley's scoring average has dropped each of the last three seasons.

In June, Finley had arthroscopic surgery to remove bone chips from his right ankle, which bothered him most of the season and even made him miss 15 games before Christmas. The surgery was successful, and he should be fully recovered by the start of training camp.

Christie, who played for the Sacramento Kings before being traded to the Magic in January, will still get about $8 million for Orlando. He's also played for the Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks and Toronto Raptors, averaging 11.4 points and 1.9 steals per game over his career."