JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NBA News..

Vipa

I heard on ESPN today that Antoine Walker might sign to the Heat and they might get James Posey from the Grizzlies for Eddie Jones, that'd make them a really deep team next year.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from ESPN - guess its a 5 way

MIAMI -- Antoine Walker, Jason Williams and James Posey could soon be coming to the Miami Heat in a proposed five-team trade that was nearing completion Tuesday, according to a lawyer and league official both familiar with terms of the complicated deal.

Miami -- which signed Shaquille O'Neal to a $100 million, five-year deal earlier Tuesday -- would obtain Walker in a sign-and-trade from the Boston Celtics, then add Williams, Posey and rookie Andre Emmett from the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for veteran swingman Eddie Jones.

As part of the Walker deal, Boston would obtain Qyntel Woods, the rights to Spanish center Albert Miralles and the Heat's $1.9 million trade exception.

The Celtics would get Borchardt from Memphis;

Memphis was then expected to send Ostertag to the Utah Jazz for guard Raul Lopez, forward Kirk Snyder and Borchardt. Snyder would be sent to New Orleans, along with the Heat's Rasual Butler, and Borchardt would head to Boston.

Hey did anybody see Stephen A. Smith interview Allen Iverson last night on ESPN? That was great stuff, he was sporting a Biggie/2Pac t-shirt.

Edited by bigted

Man ha;f the interview was about maurice cheeks..I understand him and AI are friends, but dude just isn't that great a coach. he gives up too soon. how many times did ou see him with his face in his hands last season? WAY too many for me.

Shaq is great, there's no denying it, and if the Heat got Walker, Posey, and Jason Williams, they would be unstoppable next year. Shaq will not let them lose it, and his new contract is $10 mil less a yr. than his previous one, so they still have a mid-level exception to sign another free agent.

Man ha;f the interview was about maurice cheeks..I understand him and AI are friends, but dude just isn't that great a coach. he gives up too soon. how many times did ou see him with his face in his hands last season? WAY too many for me.

It will be different in philly, he's home, and last season did he have any players with the talent of A.I. or Webber, or to potential of Sammy Dalembert or Korver and Iguodala

This is bad news for the rest of the Eastern Conference, the Heat're building a dynasty, as much as I like Shaq I'd rather see him get old and his skills decline than seeing the Heat win 3 championships in a row!

To be honest i see shaq slowing down, and i'm not that worried by walker, now wade is the danger man ! :2thumbs:

I didn't know Shaq was making $30 million dollars a year, he shouldn't have been making Michael Jordan money, well $20 mil a year's still sweet too, that's Will Smith money, "Shaq Diesel makes another 20 mil, walks right past Kobe"! :lolsign:

Edited by bigted

No he didn't have those players, but he had players who are working to bceome the next big star. Zach Randolph comes to mind. No allstars doesn't mean automatic failure. Doesn't mean you have to give up.

The Heat are building a dynasty, they are so good now, and I don't know why everyone is hating on Shaq, he is going to be pissed this year because he deserved the MVP this season, he is gonna come back strong this season, run away with the MVP, and lead the Heat to a title!