JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NBA News..

Vipa

Instead of making a new topic everytime, i figured..why not just make one?

I'm hearing that the Suns might Sign and Trade joe Johnson to Atlanta, for Boris Diaw, and 2 Future protected First Round Draft Picks.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haven't the sun's spent the whole summer trying to keep him ?

finally teams can start signing players tuesday

Also, Sources are saying that Shaq and Miami have come to contract agreements. 5 years..125 MILLION! that's insane. his contract expires when he's 38. no way he'll be "Dominant Shaq" throughout his entire contract.

Shaq's always been overpaid. Sucks for Miami.

Lakers are likely to land Hawk's point guard Tyronne Lue, who will either start or play back up until we can get anyone better :uhh: Derek Anderson is also a possibility if he gets waived by Portland.

The Suns aren't doing this voluntarily, Joe Johnson is a free agent and wants to go to Atlanta. He is agreeing to a sign and trade with Phoenix, who will proceed to trade him. I think he is crazy, the Hawks are one of the worst teams in the league. Rumor has it, that he wants to be his own star, not be the fourth option in Phoenix.

I haven't heard anything about Shaq's new deal until now, but I don't consider him overpaid. He is the most dominant player of all time. The reason Miami didn't make the finals this year, Dwayne Wade took too many of the shots down the stretch. The way to play is feed Shaq, and he'll score on his man one on one, or he kicks it out when there is a double team. Once Miami realizes that, its gonna be like he was back in LA when they won three straight.

Coming from a Portland fan...derek Anderson isn't my favorite of players. He REALLY didn't try last season. add that to the fact that he hated Maurice Cheeks and he was terrible. Portland Might waive him, might not. They did agree with juan Dixon to a contract, so that gives use 5 Guards counting him.

But he did show some flashes. he could be good some where. Maybe averaging around 12/5 or more.

thats soo true Shaq is really overpayed but then again alot of people are I.E. 50cent haha

Shaq isn't overpaid like 50 Cent is, he's one of the hardest working players in NBA history, he's earned his money, he's the greatest big man in our generation and he's a generous man, that'd be like saying Michael Jordan's overpaid, he always gives back to the community, he ain't overconceited, he could probably outrhyme a few rappers too, possibly even 50 Cent right now, 50's earlier stuff is better than anything Shaq made, but some of Shaq's stuff ain't that bad either, lol.

He is the most dominant player of all time.

Two words, Michael Jordan

another question what was the biggest contract money wise that MJ got ??

He is the most dominant player of all time.

Two words, Michael Jordan

another question what was the biggest contract money wise that MJ got ??

:word: Shaq is the most dominant center of our generation but Michael Jordan is the most dominant ever in any position during any generation, don't get that twisted! Michael Jordan made 30 million dollars a year at the end of his contract with the Bulls, Shaq makes a lil' more of 20 million, he's earned his contract too, how many dominant players have their been in the last decade besides MJ? Exactly, Shaq's the man, Kobe wouldn't have/might not win a ring without him and you know it.

Yea he earned it, but this will completely mess up the Heat, Cap Wise. There is no way he can Put up 20+ 10+, 2+ when he's past 35. I have my doubts for 34. usually when an NBA player hits 30, their Knees beegin to weaken, and it's harder for them to be that dominant...should have gave him less, and give Wade more when his contract expires.

That's the problem. The Heat gave Shaq too much money for a guy who will be on 38 y/o legs when his 20+ mil contract a year ends. They should be focusing on Wade their guy of the future and get some more good role players around him. Maybe Shaq could have taken a pay cut if he wanted to win a ship with Wade so much in Miami, a la Payton and Malone in LA two years ago. I don't know if he would have. Wade & Shaq might be the next Kobe & Shaq.

The diference with Malone and Payton, is they went to LA for the easy Route to a title..which didn't even make it all they way there.

Shaq has 3, and it seems the only thing he's trying to prove is that He was the powerhouse to those 3, not Kobe.

The future in the NBA is now, teams don't wanna think about 5-10 years down the road, they usually wanna win now, Shaq's a great player now so they re-signed him, Dwayne Wade might turn out to be a bust in a few years too, nothing's guaranteed.

Willie Green busted his knee the day before he was gonna sign his contract, and it's all on hold at the moment .. poor guy must be gutted

post-41-1123031138_thumb.jpg

:2thumbs: