JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

STRONGER THAN LOVE!

Snouf

• Members

STRONGER THAN LOVE

Remeber the last time I wrote? This Until The End Of Time ****? Now it's time to speak my mind. Stop this love-thing!

My mind is clear now, I'm on top

It was your damn attitude which woked me up

You talked about best friends and called me one

Now I know you lied, was it just fun?

I am a human being don't you know that?

So please stop acting fake, your soul is black

I don't let you play me that's a fact

'Cause you not worth it, don't you know that?

Don't call me a friend, it would be a lie

Stop talkin' bull**** on ICQ, are you high?

But on the other hand I am thankful to you

I learned a important thing, which is true

I will never do the same mistake, because:

FEAR IS STRONGER THAN LOVE !

Let me tell you what's going on

I was in hell for 3 weeks and I'm still strong

But I can remember the point when it went wrong

You always told me "Your words change nothing"

I was like "Yeah but please stop clutchin'"

Now I'm free and yes, I like it

No self destruction, I hate it

My mind say you dead, I know he's not right

But it's better for me, it stops the internal fight

These last years were hard, I was scared

Now I know it better:

Me and You is like white and black

It just didn't fit, I had to accept that

But it's just bad how we treat each other

I think it's on you, I will not bother

My heart is crying, I lost a good friend

My mind is laughing 'cause you gave me the hint:

-------------------------------------

I wrote this one a few weeks after I wrote "Until The End Of Time", it's like part 2 but totally different. It's like the end of the story, I changed my mind which propably saved my life...

Edited by Snouf

I liked the concept of what you've put 2gether here, and can relate to the idea of getting over someone and on with ur life...but I was wandering if u could explain the "Fear Is Stronger Than Love"... part ...

I was following u clearly, but couldn't quite catch that part...

What is that you fear in this situation ? If anyone else understands it, please share ur views...

thx,

peace,

cookie

• Members

I hope I can explain this right. NOW it means for me:

I'm really jealous. If my girlfriend talks about other boys or if I know that she's out with some, I'm jealous. Everybody knows what it feels like, it's a bad bad feeling. And I'm always scared to lose my girl even though I trust her. If it comes to this, the fear to lose somebody is always stronger than the love you got for this person! You say things you don't want to say, you don't know what to do because you just think that you lose the person who means so much to you.

This is what FEAR IS STRONGER THAN LOVE means to me.

But when I wrote the poem it had a different meaning to me. At that time it meant to me that the fear to get disappointed is stronger than the love you feel. You just scared that you will get hurt if you give your heart to that person.

I hope I could explain it a little bit. My english is not that good but I work on it. I would like to speak it perfectly what is really difficult but I try my best! :1-say-yes:

wow. That was a good explanation, because I would have never look at it that way... Thx...

but sometymes that fear is just what makes us lose the one person we love. Instead of being able to better control our jealousy, and enjoying them while we are with them... we wind up letting this level of fear take control of our emotions, and it turns out to be an unhealthy relationship for both of you.

In which case, its probably best you went your seperate ways...but hopefully be able to look back at your part in it what winded up as a breakup... They say, the beauty of love is like a flower. We learn to appreciate its beauty when it is in our lives. It goes grows to full blossom, but then it eventually dies,...it has lived out its course in our lives, same as love...we will always cherish the beautiful feeling we had being in love,...but must let it go once it has died...

sorry 2 ramble..but i was reflecting on ur situation..

peace,

cookie

• Members

You are right, exactly! But I can't control it and that makes me angry sometimes because I'm often sad and in a bad mood. I could be more happy without these strong emotions in me. But on the other side I give all, I put all my heart into it and I'm honest as hell. If I say "I love you more than anything else" then I mean THAT and nothing else and I say it if I want to!!

Everything has a good and a bad side but at the moment I only see the bad sides :thatsux:

YOu only see the bad sides because you 'choose' to...

think abt it...

I was on the WS board... :shakehead: (whooo wee.) shoulders hurt. LOL anyways... I was looking at my profile,...and thought of ur poem when I looked at something I have in my bio...

Courage is not the absence of fear,

but the realization that there is something far greater than fear...

Never give up on your dreams...

You must have enough courage to believe that LOVE is much greater and stronger than FEAR. Not the opposite. Fear is not of God, and if you challenge urself to something u think is impossible to accomplish (like an attempt to shrug off jealousy), then ull wander...whats there to be afraid of? Giving unconscious power to jealousy is what has birth your fears into reality... (fear of losing her..and you did) IN other words...you gave power to your jealous emotions which caused your fear to come true..and u lost her... so the problem is NOT fear..but the jealousy that stemmed it...

can u see the pic? :2thumbs:

but you CAN control it, you just dont know how much power that lies within you innermost self... By saying you can't, you're actually allowing yourself to be held in bondage of doubt, low self esteem and ultimately jealousy... It will take baby steps for you, but not only do u have to start changing your thought patterns to positive, but you have to learn to catch urself when ur starting to doubt urself...and thinking negative...

in short...next tyme, don't ask too many questions to point out your insecurities. ok? If she loves you, she will be there for you 100%. If you are doing the "right thing"....TRUST me... it will come to the light, if anything need to...cheating,...etc...etc... but. Don't jeapordize your happiness and cut the life of your relationship short, and before it has reached it's full stage of blossoming ... The only way ur gonna ever be truly happy, and enjoy being in love is to TRY to face your own insecurities...and that begins with trust...

Trust in your ability to take control of ur jealousy, trust in your mate, and ultimately trust in God that he has given u power to reject and overcome fear,... Because with God by ur side...what is there to fear?

sorry 2 ramble..but oh well... thats just me... :thatsux:

but...i liked ur poem, no doubt... lmbo

peace,

cookie

• Members

@fresh-ta-def: thx man!

@cookie: I know you are right but it's not that simple. I'm in a very ****ed up situation, I don't want to write it all down here. But if a girl looks you in the eyes and sais "I love you", I trust her and I'm so happy that I cry like a lil baby. And then she's 6 weeks away and tells you that she don't know anymore if she loves you and that she don't care about you at the moment. What would you do? I was scared about that and exactly that happened...

I added you to AIM, maybe we can talk a bit, would be great.

well... we can definately talk on aim... or even pm..if u want,...and to so so def... no I've had my share of life s ituations, but I was speaking from a different point of view, not from a particular experience tho...

peace,

cookie

• Members

Thank you very much, I like to hear that! But I never learned that I'm sure everybody can write like that if you want to. Just write down what's in your heart and make it sound good :wink:

so true man poems don't have to rhyme all you need is a heart a mind a pad and a pen and you got it

:word: Some of my favorite stuff that I wrote I wouldn't say it's my most lyrical but it's the ones that come most from the heart and something people could relate to, I was feelin' that poem since you able to put that raw emotion down on paper, that takes heart, stay up!