JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JD disses Chris Rock

JD Goes At Chris Rock In "Free" KING Mag

By Remmie Fresh

Date: 7/26/2005 10:30 am

KING is mostly known for scantily clad women, but Jermaine Dupri has tossed some disparaging words at comedian Chris Rock in the latest issue of the men’s magazine.

The comments to the “illest men’s magazine” come under the premise of a mock bachelor party for the Virgin Records president, who is also singer Janet Jackson’s boyfriend.

However relaxed the setting, J.D. stated, “If you say anything about anybody who got what you want, it's a statement of jealousy. It's like you end up dating someone that people wanted to date their whole life, so people are crushed by it. Chris Rock probably ain't married to the person he wants to be married to and when he sees me, he's like "Damn! How? Why?" I look at it like that's just part of their job, too. When people make jokes, they make jokes on what's hot. At the time, me and Janet were a big conversation piece.”

While no formal wedding plans have been announced, the So So Def mogul said that African-Americans haven’t championed his girlfriend’s sibling Michael, in an acceptable manner.

“It's clear that Michael was set up. Michael Jackson is a generous dude. He's in The Guinness Book of World Records for giving. He gives the most to people and people take advantage of that,” J.D. explained to KING. “What's foolish about it is that our own community jokes about it. If Elvis were still alive, they would never let anything happen to him.”

Free of BET graces the cover of the magazine’s latest issue and she’s not the demure, affable host that appears on “106 & Park.”

Among other spicy details, the Boston native explained why she was reluctant to pose for the publication.

“I was a little shy with the concept of “Take off your clothes and put your butt in the camera” [laughs]. But we had a good time and I’m ready for it now. I don’t think I was ready for it before,” Free said.

The magazine is already on newsstands in New York City and is being distributed nationwide.

Cris is cool pplz, but I see that bothered JD when Chris talked abt him like that. He prolly should apologize or sumpthin... but I doubt he will, cuz in his mind, its all 'comedy' and abt gettn a laff out of it...

peace,

cookie

What did Chris Rock say in the 1st place? I'm confused.

Either way, this article is kinda funny since Mariah Carey's new video "Shake It Off" just came out this week and they are both in it...ha ha.

What did Chris Rock say in the 1st place?  I'm confused.

Either way, this article is kinda funny since Mariah Carey's new video "Shake It Off" just came out this week and they are both in it...ha ha.

Well first off, that's Chris Tucker in Mariah's video and not Rock.

Secondly, at the 2003(i think it was '03) VMAs Chris joked that he never had a chance with Janet but since she's with JD that, "everybody really had a chance with Janet." He also said that "Janet's a 10 and Jermaine Dupri's about a 4."