JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

L&F falls badly on charts

You don't understand what I mean there, Will is never gonna get the respect from the teeny bopper commercial rap fans who listen to 50 Cent 'cause he ain't biting the 2Pac "Thug Life" mentality or in this case destroying it, they're brainwashed to know what real hip-hop is! And to make another point on what I was referring to earlier so there's no confusion, KRS-ONE never has done Will Smith numbers with his albums, he's only sold around 5 million in his entire career, so if he's making less than a dollar for each album sold, he ain't really living in luxury so it's better for his sake to sell 100,000 on an independent label than it is to sell 100,000 on Jive. The commercial rap fans never heard of KRS-ONE, Public Enemy, or MC Lyte, and they don't give Will that much respect either, hip-hop heads respect them though and they respect JJFP too but not commercial rap fans, there's a thin line between commercial rap fans and hip-hop fans, the majority of fans who buy albums for any artist, including Jay-Z' fanbase, are bandwagon fans who only buy you 'cause you're hot, like most who are on Lorettaville, there are a few "potnas", loyal fans that're down even when the records don't sell 'cause they respect what the artist does.

Edited by bigted

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thni im right with my theory of Will wanting Party Starter out when he's threw with filming, that way he can promote it properly and make the best out of it. Will's never released singles quickly like other big artists. We just always want things to come out quick cos we are fans and we worry.

L&F is doing ok, a whole lot more potential that B2R and still got plenty of sales to be had, and thats all that matters, Will knows he's back with a good album and that his music is popular again to a decent standard.

END

• Members

I thni im right with my theory of Will wanting Party Starter out when he's threw with filming, that way he can promote it properly and make the best out of it. Will's never released singles quickly like other big artists. We just always want things to come out quick cos we are fans and we worry.

L&F is doing ok, a whole lot more potential that B2R and still got plenty of sales to be had, and thats all that matters, Will knows he's back with a good album and that his music is popular again to a decent standard.

END

:word:

END

:yeahthat: I think everything'll work out eventually as long as "Party Starter" eventually comes out, it's too dope of a song for people to front on!

i dont expect lost and found to do anything right now, like AJ said, there are no performances, singles, airplay. What else did we expect it to do really. If party starter is out properly and lost and found doesnt sell, thats when i'll be worried, at the moment im just waiting patiently and keeping a close eye on the music channels.

Will's outsold most commercial rappers this year so far, he's outsold Fat Joe, Common, Memphis Bleek, Cassidy, and Beanie Siegal to name a few, he might possibly outsell Kanye West too 'cause "Diamonds..." is flopping badly right now on the charts.

Edited by bigted

Will's outsold most commercial rappers this year so far, he's outsold Fat Joe, Common, Memphis Bleek, Cassidy, and Beanie Siegal to name a few, he might possibly outsell Kanye West too 'cause "Diamonds..." is flopping badly right now on the charts.

I know you would love to bring kanye or more roc members down. But NO, NO chance will outsells kanye west. Diamonds is this week greatest gainer in sales. We thought switch had flopped too. The song is also MUCH different, so id their relevence in the game. Kanye will sell atleast 300k first week. And that's minimum, he just might sell 600 or 700k too as he is the biggest rapper, with the biggest fanbase after aftermath.

For sure though is that he will also sell more than any rapper worldwide after 50 cent. Kanye has a fanbase VERY big in all country's cause of his counsciousness, that kind of music sells more in europe and asia.

35 COMMON BE 25,173 1 24,846 504,061

If will doesn't pick up in sales or if common doesn't drop badly, He will outsell Will. A incredible accomplishment by this kind of rapper.

Well much props to Common, he deserves to go platinum for the 1st time in his career, this is only his 2nd gold album, mostly hype from Kanye West producing it which is good hype in this case, you didn't read my last post where I actually gave Jay-Z props for what he does? He's the major reason why Kanye West is in the position he's in right now since they collab so much. Will's sold 30 million already though, he don't have to outsell everyone anymore, he's been there and done that for almost a good 2 decades, going gold is very respectable sales considering it was mostly him on the album and not much guest appearances like most commercial rap albums, Will could stop promoting the album now if he wants and come back again whenever he wants to just like LL does making albums every 2-3 years, which is better than making an album every 10 years like Dr. Dre, lol, this album ain't making or breaking his career, it's a marathon not a sprint, he'll still be around when G Unit fades away once a new gangsta rap group comes along to take their place, but I think Fat Joe's career's over since he's sold only 200,000.

Edited by bigted

END

Production of Pursuit of Happyness is set to fully start in August. I believe that the latest rumors were that Will was to start shooting in August as well. Party Starter is supposed to come to television and radio in August, at least for those in the US, Australia perhaps... I believe that the Party Starter video will be out all over and there will be no restriction on it...

How does that afford him more time to promote Party Starter? He will be shooting from August to October or November I believe... unless he is catering specifically to the UK, his delay of Party Starter's release until he starts filming doesn't seem to fit your theory Kev.

Are you saying that Will is going to start promoting Party Starter in October or November?

I don't think Will will outsell Kanye. Kanye is pretty popular, I would say between 300-500K his first week. As long as Party Starter is released, I think we will see sales begin to rise once again.

It's amazing how fast the album fell, "Switch" is still #18 on the Billboard charts! :hmm:

Not surprised in the least... single success doesn't necessarily translate into success for the album.

Yeah look at Fat Joe, his single "Get It Poppin'" is one of the most popular songs of the summer but his album's gonna sell less than Bow Wow, lol, but why do we talk like "Party Starter"'ll save the album then? I'm happy with going gold here, I was worried that it'd even do that after the "Born To Reign" disaster and with mostly G Unit and Aftermath artists getting airplay and how much disrespect ol' school rappers get in the commercial scene, since MTV calls Eminem the original storyteller and ignores Slick Rick, I figured that nobody wanted to hear Will anymore, but it's reached my expectations and everything from this point on is a bonus, so I'm gonna chill!