JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

L&F falls badly on charts

85 SMITH*WILL LOST & FOUND 12,381 -27 17,040 575,781

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interscope sucks! :lolsign: There's gonna be a curse war in here in a minute, I could feel it.

Edited by bigted

wow. i dont think i can even put into words how shocking/disturbing/dissapointing this is and how angry/mad/upset this makes me. i've harped on the situation enough, i'm just gonna let this one go. if Will doesn't care about the album anymore than neither do i.

**** the **** Interscope up the ***, or the ******, we shouldnt accept this ****, my 1st August project can help turning things around hopefully (doubtfully) but we need to do something else to... create a storm of anger against Interscope

Edited by Lerkot

Hopefully.. he'll rise next week.. but his real downfall came last week. But being in the top 50 is bad. Less visible for public eye.

If he doesn't turn this around within a few weeks.. it's over. It may rise to 20k.. but people may not buy the album if they see it's so low on the charts.. they think it ain't hot nomore. When he was in the top 50 he was still hot for the public. Now if not a miracle happens.. it's real bad.

I think the race for Plat has gotten it self a bad flat tire. on three tires.

We can still hope for this to turn around, but y'all betta get prepared it doesn't. All my calculations on how much it would sell with new singles are not accurate anymore. Hopefully.. He'll do good with the new singles and will be able to reach at least 800k.

Another danger is that the new singles won't be promoted to good if the albums is so low. But that depends on how much WIll & Interscope wanna go. If they have given up on the sales and don't care too much anymore, than it's pretty bad. Maybe Tell me why won't come out or come out without any support like so fresh. In that case sales may stop in about three months.. With 700k unreachable.

But.. let's hope he turns this around..

"You know I'm afraid, getting' my act on

It might have stunted my growth

But I wanted them both

& I hope that it would be less tougher

You do two things & then they both gonna suffer

I chose to act & it broke my heart not to rap

Prodigal son, clever, better than ever, back"

If will goes back to acting at this point, I will be very, very disappionted.

This sounds bad, the album's not been in the top 40 in the uk for weeks now, I think. I guess I'm just an optimist that thinks it's all gonna work out in the end.

Frenetic - If an album goes well out of the charts, and then a new single is released, is it common for the album to pick up substanially again, or does that just happen very rarely?

why are you guys so shocked and angry, its expected the album will keep slipping until things pick up at the end of summer with Party Starter.

I'm not too surprised... geez... it's what happens when you only have ONE SINGLE out for 4-5 months.

The numbers could have been an abnormality, and could probably rise next week, but you should never let your album drop below 15k before you release your second single...

^^ your probally right but do you know much much time/effort/ and money, it takes to do that many music videos..... plus he'd be paying for it himself the labels wouldn't be paying for that many vids probally 1-3 over time...

• Members

stop the :protest: and start :party:

Party Starter is continuing to get more and more airplay, without even being officially released until Aug 3. It looks like it will be in the top 100 before being released. I see a huge hit coming. :music:

Kevtastic: It wasn't expected to drop this badly. 12k is extremly little.

Somone asked if it's usual to pick up again in sales with new single.

There is no universal answer to that, byt 12 is very little. People might think the album is old, and not hot even though it has compared to Beanie Segal or FAtih Evans done alot better in keeping it hot.

If Partystarter is a top 5 hit, it might get back into the top 50. But then the album will be needing at least some promotion, websites or whatever. Cause people need to know he's got a album out. The ones that hesitated when Switch came out will probably buy the album cause of PS or Tell me why if they haven't downloaded it.

It probably needs a HUGE miracle to do Multiplatinum. Platinum could be reachable if PS & TMW goes well and if WIll is going on tout.

If PS doesn't do well and if TMW doesn't do well. Than Platinum is also unrechable.