JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

kanye mentions will

• On his rap style…

“I always wanted to rap in a way that I could be respected in a barbershop and on a mixtape level but also spit a rap to a straight, white, corporate dude and he would understand every word. I’m kind of like Jadakiss meets Will Smith.”

^^^^

that's just a part of the interview. Thought u guys would like 2 know

Well it's nice that he gives Will some props, yeah I think Jadakiss isn't that much of a mixtape mc now, he's more commercial, but regardless though anybody that gives Will props knows what's up, at least Kanye respects the art of hip-hop and the legends! :1-say-yes:

yeah but I downloaded his new CD, or like 11 tracks off of it and its pretty boring. I don't like it so i deleted it.

"Diamonds" isnt even taking off as a hit.

It's fake.

i dont thinnk you guys give him the respect he needs. cause he was a producer for a long time and wanted to get in the rap game but he couldnt. and i think hes doing a great job as a rapper now. yeah dimonds gets old. but thats only one song, you cant say that a rapper is bad off of one song. what if we rated will as a rapper off of one song? like wild wild west or willow is a player?

Edited by WILL IS ILL

^^ thats true man nice way to look at it all... WILL IS ILL is correct we need to check more confidently into kanyes album he deserves respect aswell most people do the same to will and you all are doing to kanye by judging off one song right.

Well I do have more respect for Kanye West now that he's showing love to Will although he ain't one of my favorites, I might actually check out his new album after all too, we do gotta support anyone that's rapping anything other than bling-bling, but there's a lot of mcs that Will shouted out on his album that still haven't given Will props, at the same time we should respect Bow Wow and Nick Cannon a lil' bit too 'cause they said that they look up to Will for inspiration.

Edited by bigted

I didn't care 2 have Kanye on FP's album...but i wouldn't mind hearing FP on Kanye's album. I like the fact that he gave FP props with that comment but that still dosen't make him an impressive artist. I love most of his production, but as an emcee, he's nothing special..tho' better than the other commercially successful rappers. I have 2 change the radio station every time "Diamonds" comes on the radio. That song is so boring i might fall asleep behind the wheel. Hopefully it's a poor repersentation of the album.

LoLz, cant believe im gonna say this, BUT, i actually liked those songs! different people, different tastes i guess... concerning kanye, i think he's a decent rapper, i wouldnt say he's got skills, but decent