JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I can't see there being a problem

Ok we've had a huge simple party track in Switch already. We now have a lyrically superb hard hitting party joint in Party Starter that i can see being close to if not as big as Switch. This will open up people's eyes to the albums versatility. Only for them to be once again shocked by the next single in Tell Me Why, which will open it to a whole new audience and put the nail in the coffin to anyone who wasn't sure about buying the album before. Sales wise this may lead to a fourth single to be released but by then it wont really matter what one.

L&F is gonna go multi platinum, i can just feel it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell no, it won't go multiplatinum. Of the singles strikes right we will have a platinum album. Probably 1,2-1,3 sold.

He's selling 17k per week. The push he'll get won't be enough to multiplatinum.

Ok we've had a huge simple party track in Switch already. We now have a lyrically superb hard hitting party joint in Party Starter that i can see being close to if not as big as Switch. This will open up people's eyes to the albums versatility.  Only for them to be once again shocked by the next single in Tell Me Why, which will open it to a whole new audience and put the nail in the coffin to anyone who wasn't sure about buying the album before.  Sales wise this may lead to a fourth single to be released but by then it wont really matter what one.

I hope ur right, cuz I would love 2 see this happen... Lets see how it unfolds. I love it when Will show his strong stance with ppl not sure of his musical capability...

it is it just me, ...or do u seem to be negative Frenetic?

peace,

cookie

These are great songs I don't see why they wouldn't be able to push the album to multiplatinum status as long as they get released, "Switch" is the weakest song and it's taking "Lost and Found" to 600K, I think "Party Starter" and "Tell Me Why" could each help the album sell 1 million copies respectfully in 3 months and the album'll sell about 2.5 million by late January in the US and around 5 million worldwide and Will wins a few Grammies in February, if they don't get released then it might not be able to go platinum!

Edited by bigted

Hell no, it won't go multiplatinum. Of the singles strikes right we will have a platinum album. Probably 1,2-1,3 sold.

He's selling 17k per week. The push he'll get won't be enough to multiplatinum.

Remember dude mulit platinum only needs to mean 2mil. We are a 3rd of the way already and only one single in. Remember BWS didn't do that well off one single (well 2 really) but look what happened when more singles were released and promoted properly. I can see L&F reaching sales of Willenium standard if things are done correctly.

Anything is possible, but I'd rather not get my expectations too high. If we are to follow precedent, Tell Me Why won't be out until Christmas. Even I'm not trying to listen to Tell Me Why around Christmas. For Will to pull off multiplatinum, Interscope is going to have to step up the single releases. Party Starter now, Tell Me Why at the end of September/beginning of October. Hopefully, both singles will do well, and they should, bumping up album sales for a few months. This 5 month thing with Switch is just ridiculous, and there's no defense of it. Saying that Lost and Found has sold almost 600k just off of Switch is a bit misleading and intones that Switch is the main reason it has sold 600k. In truth, a lot of people bought or listened to Lost and Found because they were interested in Mr. Nice Guy, and subsequently heard the rest of the album and thought it was hot. Lost and Found is nearing 600k with only Switch out, but that will happen when an album is hot, but there's only been one single for 5 months. Think of what would have happened if the second single had been released in June as we had initially thought. Not only would Party Starter be a hit, which it will be when it is released anyway, but we'd likely have had 2 singles in the top 15, and the album would certainly still be in the top 50. I'd even go as far as saying top 30. Lets just hope that Lost and Found can ride Party Starter into platinum status and people rediscover Lost and Found, not just for the sake of the fans and Will, but for the sake of hip hop.

Edited by MaxFly

Fair play. To be honest tho i dont think Tell Me Why will even come out this year anyway. Party Starter wont hit til September time (Shops anyway) so for that to die off, and the christmas rush of songs to be over January would be a perfect time to get a number 1 single out. There's very little music coming out then so would be a good time for Will to make the move.

It'd be nice to see a great hip-hop album go multi-platinum for a change and Will finally gettin' the due he deserves from all of his peers as a legendary mc!

:yeahthat: I would like 2 see that 2. Will deserves it. LnF is not a pop album it's a Ol' Skool n New Skool blend of HipHop.

Ok we've had a huge simple party track in Switch already. We now have a lyrically superb hard hitting party joint in Party Starter that i can see being close to if not as big as Switch. This will open up people's eyes to the albums versatility.  Only for them to be once again shocked by the next single in Tell Me Why, which will open it to a whole new audience and put the nail in the coffin to anyone who wasn't sure about buying the album before.  Sales wise this may lead to a fourth single to be released but by then it wont really matter what one.

I hope ur right, cuz I would love 2 see this happen... Lets see how it unfolds. I love it when Will show his strong stance with ppl not sure of his musical capability...

it is it just me, ...or do u seem to be negative Frenetic?

peace,

cookie

No, I work with this, i know how it works.

You gotta know that will did over 160k in his first two weeks. He won't come up to those figures again. The best he will or can do if you look at it from an unbiased and realistic way is him doing TOPS 40k a week. That to happen he needs massive airplay, big video success, a big buzz and high places on the charts. Now that's like fantastic if it happens and i believe it will if he gets both PS and TMW to do well. But then u gotta see it this way: PS won't effect sales until mid/late august thats one month and another month with sales under 20k and maybe even under 17k. 4x17000 =68000 ad thats if he remains on this saletempo.

Now of he does well with PS you can expect him doing about 35-40k in 6 weeks. 38000x6= 228000.

228000 + 68000 = 296000k.

563000+296000 = 856000 by october/november. So now u guys are saying he gon sell a 1,2 million copies on tell me why so he'll go multiplatinum? I believe tell me why will be a bigger hit than PS.. It won't be able to push uup the sales any more but maybe keep it steady at 30-40k (not counting the drop in the gap between PS and TMW being released) until it does over a million, which I think is possible if both tongs become hits.

U gotta know that those numbers on PS are pretty optimistic, u can't really be depending on it doing so good, cause it's two club songs after eachother, so don't be sad if it becomes a hit but doesn't push sales..

Nope. Sorry to burst a bubble, but being biased ain't nuthing but trouble when checking out these things.

Now it would be terrific if he did 2 million, but come on.

Agree with max, there's no defense to how badly the planning of another single have been.. PS should've come out beginning of july, if it was supposed to be a summer hit. If i gets released in august it won't catch on until mid august, and a summer hit doing it's thing in august/September seems... foolish.

I did prefer PS as a single for the summer, but that's fading soon, it would maybe been better if tell me why would've been released and then PS for late fall, christmas. There's alot of club's going on that time of year.

Last weekend I was shopping and had some money to buy an album,

so I went and bought R.Kelly's TP.3 Reloaded.

It sold already more then 500k in it's first week.

But the ALBUM SUCKED, SUCKED SUCKED SO much,

I was very dissapointed.

So I came to the conclusion, that:

Good music doesn't sell records, good promotion does.

Im not biased, im a realist, always have been. I can see at the end of its run L&F reaching the 2mil mark.

I understand your accuarte theory in future sales due to single success, and it makes sense, but im going on a hunch that we will make that 2 mill mark that Will deserves.