JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Have you ever had a friend..

Well I dont know the exact definition of "turn their back" but...

Yes... since february this year, a group of my friends have turned my back in some kind of way... by freezing me out. In february, they asked me to drink, and smoke **** and I said nope forget it and ever since then they havent said a word to me. One day I'll go over to that place and ask them what the **** that is for a style. Anyway, no questions "why wont you smoke and why wont you drink" because the answer is easy... I wanna do something with my life, become something. You can always say "you can become something even if you smoke and drink" well okey, when you are a rich, famous, intelligent, skillful man.. Please come to me and I will admit I'm wrong.

And even if you as a human being always needs to be there for people - I dont need those people, even tho they need me, but if they do understand whats happening, I wont turn my back.

Edited by Lerkot

that sucks man i had similar thing happen to me i was at my firends house and his parents weren't home and they were drinking and smoking and stuff and asked em and i said no good thing i ddin't because afterwards they got caught drunk and high at the mall. people are really stupid these days thinking drugs and stuff makes them cool i see you point aswell about making something out of youself thats excatly what i'm trying to do.. I respect that man...

it is i ended up having to do community service because it was a first offence and i haven't heard from him sience now my parents have NO trust in me at all

I don't think i've really had many friends sell me out. I've had friends repeatedly cancel plans on me. But i'm good at letting the right people get close 2 me. Nobody really backstabs me, lies or anything like that.

However, about 3 months ago, one of the theaters i work at had alot of problems with people being egotistical and acting really stupid. The one director gave a speech about how some people need 2 grow up or move on and leave. 2 people who i consider my friends started telling people that me and my really good friend were who he waz talking about. However, the 2 of us weren't even in the current show...we just showed up 4 the meeting. On top of that, we both got asked 2 do the next show (b4 auditions) and also got casted in lead parts while the 2 backstabbers got smaller parts.

I still didn't hold it against them. I do my best 2 forgive and forget...i just don't allow them 2 get close again after doing stuff like that.

Man, this post has me in the mood 2 pop in TLC's "What About Your Friends"...then "Case of The Fake People."

yeah i dont really have a best friend. i don't trust people enough. some of the people who i don't hang out with anymore that smoke and drink now, i would've considered them my best friends. obviously they weren't close enough 2 me. they didnt ever do anything 2 me, they just kinda grew their way and i grew mine. that's why i think when ur a teenager and a young adult u shouldn't have best friends, cuz u are still growing as a person and so are they and 1 day they might just grow away from u or do somethin 2 end ur friendship. out of all of my friends, i don't have any1 who i think will ride with me 4ever and not grow away from me. that's why the family we have here is so important 2 me. we all have JJFP in common and we all stay close 2 each other.

yeah jumpinjack is smart not letting people get to close trust me its the stupidest mistake you can ever make i made that mistake now i just chill and stuff and don't let people be like so close to me anymore.

No, u're not understanding me. It's stupid 2 not allow anyone 2 get close 2 u. I'm just saying that u need 2 learn who 2 let close 2 u and who not 2. If there is a reason 2 believe someone might not be there when u need them, then stay cool with them, just don't let them get 2 close. I have lots of friends who are very close 2 me. Infact, i don't know what i'd do without them. It's been a very painful year 4 me. If it wazn't for a few of my close friends, i don't know where i'd be right now.

I only **** with people I've known for a long time. I have big ass trust issues with people since my pops left. So I only hangout with my friends that I've known since like first grade or sumthin. And cuz of that I haven't really had big backstabbin problems. Of course i do hangout with people I've known, but I don't let them come to close. Just like AJ said.

Im pretty lucky when it comes to friends, they havnt really turned thier backs on me. My best friend and i have been friends for about 15 years so we know a lot about each other and can trust each other. I know she has my back and i have hers whatever happens.

A few friends just havnt contacted me and we have just drifted apart, especially when a lot of them went off to uni.

I agree with everyone who says let people be close to you. But it's hard to have tonz of best friends cuz chances are that one of them is gonna do something to ruin the friendship. It's always good to have a few really close friends who you can trust and are always there for you. You just gotta choose the right people. :2thumbs: