Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willenium vs. Lost and Found vs. Big Willie Style

marz

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tough one 'cause they're all hip-hop classic albums to me, my opinions on them change all the time, right now I'd say "Willenium", but last month I'd say "Lost and Found", and next month I'd probably say "Big Willie Style", lol, it's a tossup, I think they all deserve to be ranked in the top 50 hip-hop albums of all time along with "Code Red" and "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" which would be in the top 20 and I'd probably squeeze "Homebase" somewhere in the top 100, Will's catalog between the JJFP and Big Will albums is flawless right up there with KRS', Rakim's, Pac's, PE's, Nas', and LL's, if haters took time to actually listen to them they'd say that too! :1-say-yes:

Edited by bigted

Probably still Willenium, but Lost & Found is still so darn good its hard to say.

BWS is also great but .....

I just can't choose :haha:

L&F, Willeniums bad songs are worse than lostnfounds bad songs. At the same time there are more magnificant songs on L&F even though the rain is as good as all of them.

I'd say that these 3 albums are better than mostly any hip-hop albums released in the last 10 years, except "Illmatic", "Stillmatic", "It's Dark and Hell Is Hot", "Reasonable Doubt", "G.O.A.T.", "I Got Next", "The 18th Letter", "The Score", "All Eyez On Me", "Me Against The World", "Mr. Smith", or "Stakes Is High", "Big Willie Style"'s weakest tracks are "Men In Black" and "Miami" which says how great the album is, people put it down for oversampling, but listen to a Dr. Dre or a P. Diddy album and you'd find most of their albums are samples too, so why is it ok for them to sample and not FP? Speaking of Dr. Dre, if people consider "2001" a hip-hop classic they should consider "Willenium" a classic too 'cause half of "2001" was filler and weak tracks, don't get me wrong he had great tracks like "Bang Bang", "The Message", "F*** You", and "Still D.R.E." on there but it ain't touching the original "Chronic", all the beats are dope though but even "Aftermath" was better, Dre shoulda sold those beats to great lyricists like KRS and Nas, I'd love to hear them spit to them instead of Dre, "Willenium" had 4 filler and weak tracks(tracks 2-5) but everything else on there is classic or above average, even Jay-Z' "Blueprint" had weak tracks like "H to Izzo", "Ola Hovito", and "Jigga That N***", his "Black Album" had filler tracks and most of it was average, "99 Problems", "December 4th", "Lucifer", and "Moment Of Clarity" are the only above average tracks to me, and half of "Marshall Mathers LP" was filler, the only standout tracks were "The Way I Am", which he used the hook from Rakim, and "Stan" which was an attempt to storytell like FP and Slick Rick, only more violent though, Kanye's "College Dropout" had a couple of good tracks like "Jesus Walks" and "All Fall Down" but half of it is filler, it's easily said that FP's recent material could outweigh mostly any mc in the last 10 years, "Lost and Found" reassures that this time, it has a couple average tracks, but everything else is classic or above average, nobody could challenge him now except maybe Nas, KRS-ONE, De La Soul, and LL Cool J that're still doing it on a high level or close to it some might say, even the rap gods Rakim and Slick Rick could easily drop classics now if they want to, there's not much out now.

Edited by bigted

i dunno, it's between Willennium and Lost & Found for me. BWS will always be just one notch behind Willennium & L&F. if u woulda asked me a couple months ago, i might have said L&F, but i think i'm starting 2 get a bit tired of it. it's honestly a toss up for me between Willennium and L&F

Right now, I have to say Lost and Found primarily for what it has to say about hip hop and the way Will masterfully address serious topics, once again proving that he is not to be take lightly. It can definitely change with time. Time will tell.

I think Big willie style will hold the test of time better. Cause WHAT IF the situation in hiphop gets better, what if black radio starts playing will.. then L&F will be less interesting even though it's really good lyrics.

Big willie style is more party, and you'll always want to party unless you're like 45 and the partydays are getting less and u want to chill to some knowledge, then you'll put on L&F.

I'd say Lost and Found by a little bit, the only filler track on L&F to me, is Switch, and that is the single. Willenium had a little more "nonsense" on it, both are classics in my eyes, but I think Lost and Found is Will's best album.