JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Pursuit of Happyness"

bigwillfan

haha this is one of the more cynical attempts at an oscar I've seen. Will and his partner JL Lassiter, studied who won oscars, realized most won for playing real life people, in heartwarming stories, and set out to win an oscar for themselves.. :paperbag:

Like a science...

I think you guys are the ones being cynical...there's nothing wrong with heartwarming stories. Sometimes in life heartwarming stuff does happen like the life of Chris Gardner.

I'm not being cynical at all. Will himself has admitted that that is how he chose many of his roles... Nothing wrong with that at all.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

haha this is one of the more cynical attempts at an oscar I've seen. Will and his partner JL Lassiter, studied who won oscars, realized most won for playing real life people, in heartwarming stories, and set out to win an oscar for themselves.. :paperbag:

Like a science...

I think you guys are the ones being cynical...there's nothing wrong with heartwarming stories. Sometimes in life heartwarming stuff does happen like the life of Chris Gardner.

Will and JL detailed this themselves in a recent interview.. Personally I wish it was a little more genuine...

Like a science...

Will and JL detailed this themselves in a recent interview.. Personally I wish it was a little more genuine...

Well, I'm sure they want to win an oscar, who doesn't...but I still think they want to tell a great story and reach people. Even if they don't get a oscar, or even a nomination, they still can be proud of a movie that's good. The oscars aren't that meaningful, not like they use too.

Well thats right.. I wouldn't even bother chasing one. If they've succeeded in making a great movie, I'll be happy.

well it's kinda the only thing missing in his career, and as a personal goal i think an Oscar is of great importance... nevertheless making a great movie is always rewarding...

Edited by iceonly

• Members

Check this out:

http://goldderby.latimes.com/

Just scroll down a bit to the article about "happyness". It's also news on the Oscarwatch site (http://www.oscarwatch.com/news).

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting more and more psyched about this one. What sucks though is the fact that it still doesn't have a release date in Poland:/ The same thing happened with Ali. They waited about 2 and a half years before finally releasing "Ali" on DVD only. If that happens again I'm gonna kill some Polish distributors - I swear!!

• Members

Thx nana for the clip!

I just found something kinda cool. When I was watching the trailer for like a hundreth time I noticed that at the 2 min 13 seconds mark when Will and jaden are seen walking down a street in San Fransisco there is a guy walking behind them (so he's closer to us) and Will sort of looks at him than turns around and then the title appears. Now I freeze-framed it and I could swear this guy is the real Chris Gardner. I don't know how to make a screen capture but maybe one of you guys could do it and post it here.

P.S. I just realized, I have no life at all.