JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Pursuit of Happyness"

bigwillfan

its ashleys doppelganger!

I sincerely hope not Tim, lol...really.

did anybody else spy the real Chris Gardner in the trailer?

I was watching it for the gazillionth time and I just noticed him walking by at the end...I didn't realize that was him until I viewed the trailer on at a larger screen size

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its ashleys doppelganger!

I sincerely hope not Tim, lol...really.

did anybody else spy the real Chris Gardner in the trailer?

I was watching it for the gazillionth time and I just noticed him walking by at the end...I didn't realize that was him until I viewed the trailer on at a larger screen size

HAH! Didn't notice dat! thatz really cool

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Will Smith's action/comedy movies have always done well at

the box-office, but with more serious roles like ALI and bagger vance

he didn't do that well to be honest, so Pursuit of Happyness is in that sense a very important part of will smith's success.

If somehow, that movie can be a success at the box-office,

the audience will accept him and give him credit for future dramatic roles.

with more serious roles like ALI and bagger vance

he didn't do that well to be honest.

Well, He at least got an OSCAR NOMINATION for ALI. Besides winning the oscar, that's all you could ask for! :smart:

Edited by viber_91

the "Pursuit of Happyness" AOL page has added an audio interview feature with Chris Gardner

http://movies.aol.com/movie/the-pursuit-of...ness/23572/main

the whole interview is interesting(it was to me), but he talks a little about the film and Will and Jaden in the second part

Edited by MissAshley

the "Pursuit of Happyness" AOL page has added an audio interview feature with Chris Gardner

http://movies.aol.com/movie/the-pursuit-of...ness/23572/main

the whole interview is interesting(it was to me), but he talks a little about the film and Will and Jaden in the second part

Thanx for dat! :2thumbs:

a bit of a review from the NY Giants

Let's All Go to the Movies!

Players screen Giants Chairman Steve Tisch's new film, "The Pursuit of Happyness"

By Emily Ryan and Aron Angel, Giants.com

August 15, 2006

Albany, N.Y. - The pursuit of happiness.

Thomas Jefferson believed that the pursuit and eventual achievement of happiness was important enough to include in the opening lines of the Declaration of Independence. For Christopher Gardner, such a pursuit was a seemingly endless battle, filled with harsh circumstances and constant stress. His story is one of unimaginable despair, determination, and finally success. On Saturday night team members and staff of the New York Giants were given the opportunity to view a private screening of “The Pursuit of Happyness,” a major motion picture starring Will Smith based on Gardner’s amazing true story.

Columbia Pictures’ movie, co-starring Smith’s son, Jaden, and produced by Giants Chairman and Executive Vice President Steve Tisch, Jason Blumenthal, Todd Black and Marc Clayman, focuses on Gardner (Smith), a bright and talented, but marginally employed salesman. Struggling to make ends meet, Gardner finds himself and his five year-old son evicted from their San Francisco apartment with nowhere to go. When Gardner lands an internship at a prestigious stock brokerage firm, he and his son endure many hardships in pursuit of Gardner’s dream of a better life for the two of them.

The players and staff were awed by Gardner’s ability to persevere throughout the film.

“I thought that was one of the most phenomenal stories of triumph that I’ve ever seen,” said linebacker LaVar Arrington. “I think that whatever their formula is for how they do movies—I know (Tisch) was part of “Forrest Gump”—I tell you, it was a pretty powerful movie.”

You know a movie is powerful when it almost moves a 268-pound defensive lineman to tears.

“Great movie, man,” said defensive end Justin Tuck. “Just a great movie. Real heartfelt. Honestly, it almost made me cry at times. Will Smith did another great job and I look forward to him winning some awards off this movie.”

Wide receiver Tim Carter was impressed with Smith’s performance, as well as that of his son, Jaden.

“Will Smith is a great actor, and that was his son, I heard,” said Carter. “I was wondering how in the world they could find a kid that can act, that looks like Will Smith. What’s the probability that you could find somebody like that? So that ended up being his son. Will Smith does a good job. It was a dramatic role and I think he did a great job with it. He was definitely in character and he looked aged. The movie was two hours and it didn’t seem like it. I wanted more. That’s what I really like about the movie; that I wanted more. It didn’t even seem as long as it was.”

Wide receiver Michael Jennings said Smith’s story was one that he could relate to.

“It was real inspiring, especially for me,” he said. “Just what I’m going through, just trying to work hard and make this team, it’s real inspirational.”

“The Pursuit of Happyness” will be released in theaters on Dec. 15.

source via google: http://www.giants.com/news/special_feature...?story_id=17080

a bit of a review from the NY Giants

Let's All Go to the Movies!

Players screen Giants Chairman Steve Tisch's new film, "The Pursuit of Happyness"

By Emily Ryan and Aron Angel, Giants.com

August 15, 2006

Albany, N.Y. - The pursuit of happiness.

Thomas Jefferson believed that the pursuit and eventual achievement of happiness was important enough to include in the opening lines of the Declaration of Independence. For Christopher Gardner, such a pursuit was a seemingly endless battle, filled with harsh circumstances and constant stress. His story is one of unimaginable despair, determination, and finally success. On Saturday night team members and staff of the New York Giants were given the opportunity to view a private screening of “The Pursuit of Happyness,” a major motion picture starring Will Smith based on Gardner’s amazing true story.

Columbia Pictures’ movie, co-starring Smith’s son, Jaden, and produced by Giants Chairman and Executive Vice President Steve Tisch, Jason Blumenthal, Todd Black and Marc Clayman, focuses on Gardner (Smith), a bright and talented, but marginally employed salesman. Struggling to make ends meet, Gardner finds himself and his five year-old son evicted from their San Francisco apartment with nowhere to go. When Gardner lands an internship at a prestigious stock brokerage firm, he and his son endure many hardships in pursuit of Gardner’s dream of a better life for the two of them.

The players and staff were awed by Gardner’s ability to persevere throughout the film.

“I thought that was one of the most phenomenal stories of triumph that I’ve ever seen,” said linebacker LaVar Arrington. “I think that whatever their formula is for how they do movies—I know (Tisch) was part of “Forrest Gump”—I tell you, it was a pretty powerful movie.”

You know a movie is powerful when it almost moves a 268-pound defensive lineman to tears.

“Great movie, man,” said defensive end Justin Tuck. “Just a great movie. Real heartfelt. Honestly, it almost made me cry at times. Will Smith did another great job and I look forward to him winning some awards off this movie.”

Wide receiver Tim Carter was impressed with Smith’s performance, as well as that of his son, Jaden.

“Will Smith is a great actor, and that was his son, I heard,” said Carter. “I was wondering how in the world they could find a kid that can act, that looks like Will Smith. What’s the probability that you could find somebody like that? So that ended up being his son. Will Smith does a good job. It was a dramatic role and I think he did a great job with it. He was definitely in character and he looked aged. The movie was two hours and it didn’t seem like it. I wanted more. That’s what I really like about the movie; that I wanted more. It didn’t even seem as long as it was.”

Wide receiver Michael Jennings said Smith’s story was one that he could relate to.

“It was real inspiring, especially for me,” he said. “Just what I’m going through, just trying to work hard and make this team, it’s real inspirational.”

“The Pursuit of Happyness” will be released in theaters on Dec. 15.

source via google: http://www.giants.com/news/special_feature...?story_id=17080

Cough... Oscar... Cough...