JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP.com's Google Rank

Hero1

• Admin

anybody who has a link to http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com on their website.. can you change the link so it says sumthin like "Will Smith Website" and then have the link inside.. this is the only way the website will have any chance of coming up under a "Will Smith" search in google thus increasing the traffic to the site. Its kind of sellin out but I think I have the best Will Smith website on the net and yet I'm not even listed in the top 100 results for a Will Smith search.. by adding that change to your links google will increase the rank

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, you do have the best Will Smith website on the net. But your biggest problem is your website URL with Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince title. The thing is most of the fans now are of Will Smith's, and not of JJFP. In fact, most of my friends know very well who Will Smith is, and they have got atleast one of Will Smith's album, but yet are totally unaware of Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince. And the biggest reason for it is that JJFP albums were released in 80's and early 90's and because of it none of their albums are now available in the commercial market. So the generalised audience (excluding the core fans here) with an average age range from 13 to 23, who would have come to know about Will Smith as a performer only after 1997 and who would for most certainly search the internet about Will Smith, were either yet to be born or were way too young to know about Jazzy Jeff Fresh Prince. And since most of the audience are into the mainstream commercial music played on MTV, the chances of them catching an old JJFP video is very slim. So basically, if such people came to Google and typed the most common search letters like "Will Smith", "Will Smith Albums" or "Will Smith Mp3s", your site does not show up at all for many pages. And I don't think the less interested fans of Will would like to continue for more than 5 pages. So even if the persons who are slightly interested in Will's music, due to the release of Lost and Found, were browsing the net, I doubt they would come to know about this awesome website.

So here's my small suggestion. But before that I just want to say that I know nothing about running websites so I am in no way telling you how to do your job. So please don't hate me for posting this reply. My suggestion is, if possible, why don't you change only your url to something more familiar to the general audience such as "WillSmithfan.com" or "Willsmithfan.net" or something like that. This way, if the newly interested fans who wanted to visit a great site of Will's searched the internet, they could discover your site much more easily.

So just a thought. Once again, no hating me for posting this because I really like the site and I only wanted to help out. Peace.

you make a very good point Braces, but i don't agree with the willsmithfan.com suggestion. i love jazzyjefffreshprince.com cuz it represents the ol skool which is what i'll always remember Will as. willsmithfan.com sounds like a teeny booper name and in result, u'd get a bunch of teeny booper 11 year olds comin 2 ur site and postin on the board.

you make a very good point Braces, but i don't agree with the willsmithfan.com suggestion. i love jazzyjefffreshprince.com cuz it represents the ol skool which is what i'll always remember Will as. willsmithfan.com sounds like a teeny booper name and in result, u'd get a bunch of teeny booper 11 year olds comin 2 ur site and postin on the board.

^^ I agree with you on that. And it sounds close to willsmith.com so people might assume that it's just like that site, even tho this site is definitely way better!

:2thumbs: Besides, true fans should know about the old albums! :1-say-yes:

^^ I agree with you on that. And it sounds close to willsmith.com so people might assume that it's just like that site, even tho this site is definitely way better!

:2thumbs: Besides, true fans should know about the old albums! :1-say-yes:

I`m`with you on that!

• Members

Besides, true fans should know about the old albums! :1-say-yes:

Actually I wasn't talking about true fans. I was talking about people who are not a true fan yet but could still get to visit Timothy's website.

it's kind of a double edged sword. if u keep it how it is, the tru JJFP fans will come and we'll have a nice community of intelligent fans. if u expand the site 2 accomadate every1, then more people will find the site, but a lot of those people would be teeny booper lorettas which is fine if all they're doing is visiting the site, but if they start invading the boards then i'd be pretty mad haha.

sorry i shoudn't care about the board so much, i should be open to changes. it's just that i don't want to see this board turn in2 lorettaville.

• Members

it's kind of a double edged sword. if u keep it how it is, the tru JJFP fans will come and we'll have a nice community of intelligent fans. if u expand the site 2 accomadate every1, then more people will find the site, but a lot of those people would be teeny booper lorettas which is fine if all they're doing is visiting the site, but if they start invading the boards then i'd be pretty mad haha.

sorry i shoudn't care about the board so much, i should be open to changes. it's just that i don't want to see this board turn in2 lorettaville.

You've got a point there. Invasion of teeny boppers is certainly an unwelcome change. Dunno man, Timothy will figure something out. :hmm:

anybody who has a link to http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com on their website.. can you change the link so it says sumthin like "Will Smith Website" and then have the link inside.. this is the only way the website will have any chance of coming up under a "Will Smith" search in google thus increasing the traffic to the site. Its kind of sellin out but I think I have the best Will Smith website on the net and yet I'm not even listed in the top 100 results for a Will Smith search.. by adding that change to your links google will increase the rank

Here you'll find the websites that have www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com as a link:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=l...freshprince.com

Maybe you could contact the people who run those 47 websites one by one (it's not that much when you think about it!)... Is it a stupid idea?

• Admin

hey I had http://www.willsmithfans.com for a year and it didnt make a difference.. im never gonna change the url or the title of the site..im reppin jjfp! but there are ways to increase your google rank for searches and the 1 I mentioned at the top of this post is 1 :2thumbs:

ok well i've ran many websites and im only 14 i also ran many forums and you right with the come ups in there but your best bet is to put this in as many link dumps as possible and look for free advertising on websites adn forums and shyt i will post this at all my forums im at. holla at me bro

Definitely keep jazzyjefffreshprince.com, or it will turn into "Lorettaville" as someone else so eloquently put it before me.