JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

grand theft auto san andreas is now adults only

sonic1988

cookies proved my point. that's called parenting. the PARENT should shield them from these things, not the general public. it's the PARENTs job to raise their kids, not the TVs, not the omputers, ETC, ETC, ETC..

She's dong the right thing. If she feels it ins't right for him, it's her right to take it away. On the flip side, if she feels he can handle it or if it isn't too bad for him, then again, she can allow him to watch those movies or play these games....

Parent's shouldn't see something like this, then take their case to court to get the game banned, you should try taking it awya from their kid, and let the people who it's marketed towards, play it....

Edited by Vipa

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm glad I got it b4 they change it from rated M 2 Adults Only. But then again my mom brought it 4 me. I remember when my mom n me went 2 the store 2 get it. The clerk look at me alittle strange. I guess it's bcos I was a girl. But I love graphic video games.

But this thing the "Hot Coffee" scene is a patch that u have 2 download from a website. It wasn't really rockstar games who created the patch it was a fan or at least thats what I read on 1 site.

The thing is 4 me is that sex, violence, and drugs are in everything these days. U can't control what they release but u can control it at home. if your a parent look at what your kids watch n look at what video games they're playing.

My mom knows every game I play cos well she takes me 2 the store. My mom n dad did a different. They told me about these thing they explained it to me on what these things mean n why i should not repeat it. Cos I remember my dad n me would stay up late 2 watch Russell Simmons Presents Def Comedy Jam...I was like 5yrs old. But my mom said it was ok. N let me know that these jokes aren't 4 repeating again. I never got in trouble at school. I was a honor roll student. Well thats just me.

:word: I don't see how video games could ruin a child's life either if their parents are there for them to teach them right and wrong, in fact no entertainment is harmful 'cause it's only entertainment.

On another note, I don't like it that commercial rap fans don't give Will the due he deserves as an mc and write him off as corny just 'cause he don't curse and call Eminem a rap god since he does, he clearly has more skills than any mc out now, if there was a rule where rappers weren't allowed to make songs with cursing Eminem would be known the wackest mc 'cause him say f*** and b**** every 5 seconds proves that he doesn't have that much skills, and the other way if Will threw a heap of curses in his rhymes people would call him the greatest rapper ever but a 12-year old could even do that, Will making great rhymes without cursing makes him the most intelligent mc with the most skills 'cause skills is knowledge and Will clearly has the most, there's only a handful of mcs that I think could make great songs without cursing, Jay-Z would even sound kinda boring too if he didn't curse, LL's skills are still as great as they were even when he was cursing in his rhymes but people call him corny now too, I think he could easily outwit any mc now, KRS' gospel rap album "Spirtual Minded" was ignored and called soft but I think that's the some of the best work he's ever done right up with his earlier stuff, he spit real knowledge in there and I actually find that one the most inspiring for me, I don't think anyone could challenge him either, fans are just ignorant! :thumbsdown:

Edited by bigted

:word: I don't see how video games could ruin a child's life either if their parents are there for them to teach them right and wrong, in fact no entertainment is harmful 'cause it's only entertainment. 

and see, thats where anyone lacking knowledge as a parent can hurt them from the truth. It CAN ruin a child's life. Just because someone is a parent doesn't mean they master parenting skills. We all fall short to an extent, however

some parents allow video games, and television to 'babysit' their kids while they do whatever else... Parents should be actively involved in their children's lives...preparing them to face life after they leave home,... to include talking about drugs, weapons, sex (protection, disease) etc.... because once they leave,...they're basically on their own. Games may introduce alot the parent may fail to discuss, when a parent can break it down to their level of understanding... and I can only encourage anyone who's a parent (or someday will be) to care enough to teach their OWN children abt safety issues when it comes to sex, drugs and weapons...

I dont give a dog's butt who disagrees, but its the truth...

My sons have learned alot about weapons, shooting center mass, both from video games and from my talking with them about proper weapon use, and when or why they should use one, or even kill anyone ... if the occasion should ever arise. Why you ask? Because I want them to learn first hand from me (prior military police) about weapon safety, and misuse of weapons... and the dangers of mishandling something they are unfamiliar with, asides what they may have learned via a video game...

Yea, I would tell my son that he is a good "shot", and further encourage him that someday he may make a good police officer, versus a thug on the street that a video game might place an emphasis on. I can't change how society places an emphasis on sex drugs weapons, but I can plant a positive seed in my child's mind to think differently... on the 'right' side of something that can ruin a childs life... God gives us all great minds, and its my choice to think the way I do... change a possible negative into some level of positive...

If you dont step up to the plate and give children alternative outlooks when it comes to the exact things society places a strong emphasis on (sex, drugs, weapons, or what ever else)... then they may make some decisions in life that may put them on a wrong path. I dont want to be like the woman I once worked with, whose husband called her at work, with the bad news that her 17 year old shot himself in the face playing with a weapon. I could never live with that, so instead of shielding them from LIFE, I give them something to think about,...so they can ask questions...to embrace the opportunity to sit and talk with them... its all about safety, and helping them have a clearer understanding of their decision making process,... which could cause them their lives, or another life...asides what they see on tv, or games like GTA...

and with that said,... Imma have to be through with this topic,...because I love my kids enough to teach them right from wrong...and dont care to reason with anyone or even further explain my choices as a single mother...

we all have different opinions,..but whateva. those of u, whose opinion differs from myne... U do ur thing, and Ill let God lead my path in doin myne, when it comes 2 instilling values and respect for life in my children...

peace,

cookie