JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

will's movie choices

*mimi*

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I don't agree with Will's new movie choices at all. Actually, I'm fine with him possibly doing "I Am Legend" or "Tonight, He Comes," but my problem lies in the two comedy roles Will's chosen to do. First of all, I know "Time Share" with Nic Cage is still in development but it sounds like a rehash of "A Johnson family Vacation." I also heard there was this kind of movie already done as a TV movie. Also, the new idea that Will might team up with Jamie Foxx for a remake of "Uptown Saturday Night" sounds like your typical, average urban comedy. It sounds like a "Honeymooners 2." If you haven't noticed, they are both similar to Cedric the Entertainer movies. Why is Will doin "Cedric" movies now? They're both mediocre. I feel like Will needs to step up the quality of his movies even though I know he wants to entertain. "Time Share" and "Uptown Saturday Night" sounds like your run of the mill, blah movies.

Well these are all just rumors and nothing is concrete yet. The only thing that seems to getting off the ground is Pursuit of Happiness and Tonight, He Comes.

Will's been rumored to be in a lot of movies but they have never materialized. There was even one rumor that Will was supposed to be teaming up with Leonardo DiCaprio for a movie but it was just that - a rumor.

Will's been trying to get Uptown Saturday Night(which is a classic comedy - you should see it if you haven't) off the ground for almost 5 years but it's darn near impossible to assemble the talent he wants to assemble to get it done.

As far as Time Share goes, I don't think it would be like Johnson Family Vacation. I think it would be more like Planes, Trains and Automobiles(another classic comedy - go see it) by sticking two different people together for a length of time.

Will's not doing "Cedric" movies. Why? Because he's Will Smith. Just having Will Smith in the movie means quality. Analysts thought Hitch would be your average, run-of-the-mill romantic comedy and nearly $180 million later Will proved them wrong. They thought the same about Sharktale($160 million) and weren't too sure of I, Robot($145 million) but they all turned out to be blockbusters. Comparing Will with Cedric the Entertainer is like comparing - and this is no offense to Cedric - filet mignon to a cheeseburger.

Edited by TopDawg14

The only thing that is definite is that Will is filming "Pursuit of Happyness". After that, who knows what movie Will would should next. Nick Cage is still filming "Ghost Rider" then he's gonna do a movie about 9/11 with Oliver Stone. Years ago Will and Nick were attached to do a comedy called "I know pronouce You, Chuck and Larry", but that fell through. The same thing may happen with "Time Share". Actors always have a bunch of projects and new ones are constantly coming along.

• Members

Mimi, you do bring up a good point, and from the synopsis of both movies, they do seem like typical Cedric movies. Im sure that Will would do a good job with Cosby's classic- Uptown Saturday Night, including probably a cameo appearance by Bill himself, lots of laughs and who knows what else.

For the Cedric movies, well, we cant do much about them. Movies like Johnson's Family Vacation and Are we there yet? are so alike and don't help the movie business. Cedric the Entertainer is a great stand-up comic, but maybe his acting skills aren't reflected correctly with his small, low budget movies. If u guys ever seen Cedric on a talk show, or even on stage, I'm sure u guys agree that the man is hilarious.

Peace

i agree, i want to see Will do some more action movies, he's already proven he is a serious actor and has plenty of time to win oscars and academy awards later, i want to see Will at he's best before he can no longer do action movies.... i dont want to see him go down the same path as Clint Eastwood...

he is already a really good actor man he just needs more movies and stuff underhis belt to go down as a All-Time ya know maby he should go into another tv show or something

The only thing that is definite is that Will is filming "Pursuit of Happyness".  After that, who knows what movie Will would should next.  Nick Cage is still filming "Ghost Rider" then he's gonna do a movie about 9/11 with Oliver Stone.  Years ago Will and Nick were attached to do a comedy called "I know pronouce You, Chuck and Larry", but that fell through.  The same thing may happen with "Time Share".  Actors always have a bunch of projects and new ones are constantly coming along.

Time share should be good, N. Cage in national treasure was great

Edited by rawad_m

Well I think the Time Share movie can workout. I don't see it as a Cedric role. I mean Cedric when he did the Honeymooners he didn't even research the role. He never even seen any episodes of the Honeymooners. Will on the other hand studies his roles as best as he can.

Now about a remake of Uptown Saturday Night. Is seen as a classic. I don't like it when they remake a movie. But I need 2 see how many changes they're gonna make 2 the film 2 fit Will n Jamie.

Edited by Angel Amor

Im not sure he should do movies at all really, but if he do something, he should do a lot of different roles so he actually can become a really good actor one day.

this day is now man ,what u talking about :shakehead: Will is dope actor from the comedy to the action and to the drama movies :1-say-yes:

Guest Guest

I wish will would make a full on complete comedy type movie, none of this half action-half comedy roles or romance roles, comedy's what will's best at-he hasen't made movies as good as his tv series fp of belair (not that his movies are bad),

not saying that he should quit entirely the type of movies his doing now, but he should throw in from time to time full on comedies