JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

question about the "album sales this week thread"

sonic1988

I know some of you will say that I should ahve replied to that thread instead of starting a new one but I just want this question answered and not just passed again and again.

someone said that if will sells 700,000 L&F records that will beat what nas did because it is only one single song to sell that much and not 2 or 3 singles.

I thought that Vanilla Ice sold 11 million of "to the extreme" only on ice ice baby.

if you were talking about this year, then that is my bad that this is just another dumb post by Sonic, but even so I would like to know if the vanilla Ice thing is true, I did hear a sound clip on some song he did on a later album that he did but I would like to know of he was just gasing up his "reputation"<<<<<please notice the quotes.

I was talking about recent history, there might've been somebody that went platinum or double platinum off of one single, but in no way in hell you could go 11 times platinum on one single, that ain't possible, maybe "Thriller" might've sold that much with just "Thriller", then went on to sell 30 million when more singles were released, I think Vanilla Ice probably released a few singles off that album.

And the besides ice ice baby was like fifteen times bigger than Switch will ever be... Even bigger than in da club or lean back.

Speaking of Nas, whatever happened to that "UBR" video where he was gonna pay homage to the 18th Letter? I was hoping that would've hit #1 so the kids could learn who Rakim is, Columbia musta dropped the ball on that idea. :hmm:

I'm not sure where we're getting these numbers, but Lost and Found won't make it to 700k with just Switch. It's going to need Party Starter to make it that far. So really, the album will be making it to 700k off of 2 singles, not just Switch.

Edited by MaxFly

• Members

Yep. That's very much true. He did sell more than 10 million just off Ice Ice Baby and spent 16 weeks in the number 1 position of Billboard charts. That's why Vanilla Ice is a legendary phenomenon, whether you like him or not.