JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Breaking News: Album drops out of top 50

With 65% in he had sold 12,449 thats was it's pace to do 19000.

But with the finals in he's nowhere to be seen on the top 50 meaning he has done UNDER 18000 copies.

Edited by Frenetic

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's in place 143 in the radio airplay. going up.

INterscope is prolly doing what's good for their business. they haven't pushed others albums so much either but they are still the leading label with most sold in hiphop... will is their best selling rapper efter the aftermath clique.

I can't believe this you guys. What is going on with Will? Does he even care about his record sales? Actually I know he doesn't but still man, this is horrible. Will has to stop doing this, droppin' an album every 3 years with like 2 singles if that. Focus on the album for like 3 months then the hype is over and hes back doing a movie.

Say it ain't say, when can we have the "Fresh Prince" back? When can we have a lotta singles and hit songs with proper promotion? "Party Starter" should've been released like at least 3 weeks earlier than it was. Like Wes said, what does Will think he's better than rap music? Get off your throne Will, drop some lines on mixtapes and on the internet. Have something new for the hungry fans out there. Yes, believe it or not there's still fans but it's a pain now waiting and waiting. You made us wait 3 years multiple times. I want a new video, I want to see him rip up the charts, go platinum but how do we even kno he really is trying?

I'm not saying I'm doubting my fav. rapper of all-time but right now without promotion for "Party Starter", I'm not really feeling the LP. I've been listening to Naughty By Nature instead along with some '93 Dre and Snoop Dogg.

Damnit FP, do something.

------------

sorry guys for my anger displayed but I'm gettin really annoyed and impatient.

Come on y'all, let's be realistic, Will ain't gonna outsell 50 cent no matter what he releases, people don't respect ol' school rappers anymore, they spit on LL and say Biggie's a better mc than he ever was, nobody pays attention to the knowledge KRS-ONE drops, they say Jay-Z' a better mc than Big Daddy Kane, and they think Eminem's the greatest lyricist to touch the mic, etc., there's no respect for the hip-hop pioneers, the whole industry's messed up, f*** Billboard and the ignorant fools that get brainwashed by it, real hip-hop will live forever beyond what they say or do, these teeny boppers think hip-hop is nothin' deeper than guns and crack and anybody that has somethin' positive to say is called corny, I'm just happy that Will's still recording, I could care less what he sells, even if he decides to just release mixtapes independently with Jazzy Jeff, he don't need money from these major labels, he's rich as hell already 'cause he's had more success than these wack rappers put together, he don't need Kay Slay either 'cause Jazzy got his back, "Lost and Found" will be a classic and it doesn't need a platinum plaque to confirm it as one, like KRS said "there's life after platinum" 'cause the real fans know what's up, I wouldn't have minded if he decided to release "I Wish I Made That" instead of "Switch" and only sold 100,000 'cause sending out a message is stronger than having a hit!

Edited by bigted

• Members

I'm still very optimistic that this album will go platinum. I'm not worried, and I don't really know why. I guess everyone else here is doing enough worrying for me.

Remember, this album is great. They could release the next single in January and the single would still do good, and the album would have new buzz and sales. This is a good album, and a perfect second single, theres no need to worry.

Hip-hop as a whole has become a disgrace now, Run-Dmc, JJFP, KRS-ONE, Public Enemy and all them worked hard for hip-hop to be excepted by everyone and now the public turns their backs on them and says they're washed up, rather than give them the respect they deserve for what they've done, they go out to buy albums that have no substance on them instead and our legends are being ignored when they drop albums! :mad: I mean what's on the charts doesn't even seem like it is hip-hop 'cause it ain't an expression, it's a gimmick, you could tell that Will's frustrated about it from what he says on the album, these mcs are lost and I don't wanna see Will collaborate with that many of them, I'd rather see him do songs with Kel Spencer than I'd with Nelly.

Edited by bigted

Well, I am very frustrated that the album is not selling well, simply because it is a good album, and people need to recognize that. Party Starter should have been released a while ago already, I don't know what the holdup is. On the other hand, I do agree with Ted that the charts are a gimmick, no old school rappers are getting any respect nowadays. Everyone is listening to Mike Jones, and 50 and saying how great they are, when in reality, they have very weak lyrics and no positive messages to convey. It would be nice to see Will get on some mixtapes, release a few singles at once, it can only help sales.

• Admin

I think not having a second music video after 5 months is derelict.. I backed up the wait till June for Party Starter.. but we're heading into August come on now..It needs to be released!