JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

about Will tha makes me mad

• Admin

the funny thing is Will admitted himself Will2k was nowhere near the best track on willennium and he also didnt want wild wild west on the album.. im sure he didnt want freakin it as a single either :sigh: Potnas video would have been classic!! they need to perform that on the jjfp tour..and ive told jeff this! :kungfu:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

the funny thing is Will admitted himself Will2k was nowhere near the best track on willennium and he also didnt want wild wild west on the album.. im sure he didnt want freakin it as a single either  :sigh: 

Hmm, why do I feel that this statement was in someway aimed towards me? :hmm: I guess I'm just too paranoid these days. :3-sick1:

Oh well, but he still recorded those tracks and made atleast one fan happy. So yeah Will. :2thumbs: I love you.

:1-heart-love: :hug:

Anyone know why Freakin It isn't on the DVD of his videos? Yes, The Rain should have been a single and So Fresh too.  I also wanted the song with Eve to release but instead they released the one with Lil Kim.  No Jill Scott and no Eve. No love for Philly at Columbia.

the song you refer to with Lil Kim is called Da Butta and it wasn't released whatsoever as you claim.

And "The One With Eve", is called "Can you Feel Me"...

And So Fresh was released Technically. I think it was AJ Who was telling me that Will had to shoot the video himself, because The Label wouldn't give ihm money to do it....

Yeah, the video waz done on a 1988 Hip-Hop music video budget...so it's didn't really put a dent in FP's wallet. But he put the whole thing 2gether and put it out. Columbia didn't want 2 release "So Fresh" so they didn't assist him in putting it out at all.

• Admin

actually the so fresh video ($25, 000 to make) was less than the making of pump me up ($100, 000 in sample clearance fees) Will's love for hip hop is so strong thats why he did them even if Sony wouldnt support him at all :word:

Yeah, it is a shame that they wouldn't support him, because I thought that was a really cool song.

Anyone know why Freakin It isn't on the DVD of his videos? Yes, The Rain should have been a single and So Fresh too.  I also wanted the song with Eve to release but instead they released the one with Lil Kim.  No Jill Scott and no Eve. No love for Philly at Columbia.

the song you refer to with Lil Kim is called Da Butta and it wasn't released whatsoever as you claim.

Well, being that I was a radio DJ during the time this album was out and I remember Da Butta getting rotation on many stations in the US including my city, I think I'll stick with my story.

Well, being that I was a radio DJ during the time this album was out and I remember Da Butta getting rotation on many stations in the US including my city, I think I'll stick with my story.

that's cool i'll stick with mine because i know it wasn't released unless it was some kind of promo that nobody has found out about. do u know if it was some kind of a promo single or did DJ's just play that song off of Willennium for no particular reason?

I remember that about the "So Fresh" music video, he had 2 pay 4 it. I think Jada directed the video. I remember they showed the making of the video on ET.

It's ashame that major record labels are like that...release ok tracks not great tracks but just brush the great tracks off 2 the side...