JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

about Will tha makes me mad

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not that mad about it, but yeah, a video for "The Rain" would have been pretty sweet, it was a great song.

Word up man!!!

"The Rain" should've been the 3rd single off Willenium. So you'd have "Wild Wild West", "Wil 2k" then "The Rain". It would've done so much better than "Freakin It". Basically it was all Sony/Columbia's fault. They basically wanted another "jiggy" song. Like when was the last time you heard someone say "I'm bout to freak this"...yeah right. Then after "Freakin It" in March 2000, they basically gave up on Willenium. Which is another stupid thing to do. Willenium with "The Rain" as a 3rd single would've made it gone more than 2x Platinum.

Thanks Tommy Motola, stupid mother f-er.

Columbia are very stupid with that view, needed another jiggy single...watever

So Fresh was made with all of wills own money, since he thought it was a good song (and so do many other people!!) and since columbia didnt want to put any of their money into a video for so fresh... dont ask me why though

i reckon he should have released a whole heap of tracks on the willennium album, there was like im comin, so fresh, the rain, uuhhh, da butta, potnas, can you feel me, the list goes on!!! But then again, he couldnt have released this many songs on one album.... :hmm:

Columbia basically supported the the weaker songs on the album..."Wild Wild West" (a soundtrack song), "Will 2K" (party pop), and "Freakin' It" (a watered down, oversampling "Jiggy Part 2). Nearly every other song on the album would have been a better choice. And the album could have gone on 4ever. Since it had so many different flavas, he could have easily went 5 singles deep.

• Members

Columbia basically supported the the weaker songs on the album..."Wild Wild West" (a soundtrack song), "Will 2K" (party pop), and "Freakin' It" (a watered down, oversampling "Jiggy Part 2).  Nearly every other song on the album would have been a better choice.  And the album could have gone on 4ever.  Since it had so many different flavas, he could have easily went 5 singles deep.

Man AJ, we both are probably the most opposite thinking people this planet Earth has ever seen. :lolsign: I mean the three tracks you mentioned are my most favourite off "Willennium" apart from "I'm Coming" and I just LOOOVEED all the three music videos when they got released. I still turn up the volume of my TV very high when Freakin' It gets played and I enjoy watching that video.

Funny that we both like the same artist for totally different styles. :haha: