JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Party Starter - UK Release Date

Hey guys. I was at work yesterday listening to a show called Exposure on the radio. Basically the play some of the newest songs they've just received and play them to find out peoples' opinion on them, and whehter they should keep playing the song. Party Starter came on and they guy was like "When Switch first came out, I absolutely hated it, but now after a few months I think it's great - I wonder if it will be the same with this track"

So anyway, he played the track (radio edit with super mario effects of course) and then said at the end that it was originally set for release in August but for some reason it would be postponed until October!

The show is kinda set up with a "I'm not gonna kiss performers @ss, I'm just gonna tell them what I think" kind of style, so they usually set songs up to be loved, or hated. Unfortunately Party Starter was hated by the messages he read out and the presenter himself. But like I said, I think it's set up and not a true representation of the public opinion...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OCTOBER!!!! i really hope thats not true. Ok i was one of the ppl that said milk switch, well switch is gone now, if we wait that long until party starter that will affect sales. I dont get why they would do that.

Now is the perfect time for party starter and im getting really tired of searching for this vid.

Whattt? Is FP dumb?

Without "Party Starter" released this summer, the album is going to continue to fall and once it falls, I don't think it can be revived. I don't know of an album that started good then dropped than kept selling good.

"Switch" has been milked enough already. Time for "Party Starter". Let 'Tell Me Why" be released in October.

• Members

Yo man, that's crazy. Why would Will do that if his video has already been shot and is almost ready to be released. I hope the host of the radio show has got his info wrong because October is just too damn far away. :shakehead:

The information is almost definitely wrong. Party Starter has been getting spins on the radio and the radio edit has been sent out already. Now if radio stations were asked to hold off on it until October, with the video already shot and all of August for Will to promote it, it's a very questionable decision.

This is exactly what I have been lobbying against. The longer something is pushed back or delayed, the more album sales drop and the harder it is for them to recover. If this happens to be true, Switch is going to completely drop of the charts with nothing by Will to replace it for quite some time, at least in the US. Switch is already dropping off the charts with nothing to replace it as we post. Even if we continued the course we are on now with Switch dropping and Party Starter increasing in spins... it will take 2 or 3 weeks for Party Stater to rise to the top 20 or 30.

I've always said that will or interscope is waiting too long between singles.

Party starter should have been out on video 2 weeks ago.

September 1-11 tell me why should come out on video

And between july and september pump ya brakes should come out.

Since will is gonna do movies soon, he won't release anymore singles, so release as much as you can, but guess it's a bit late for that.

I wonder how much L&F could have sold if it followed the 50 style,

like releasing a lot of songs in a short time, it prolly would have helped will to reach his platinum, I'm guessing 3x platinum.

So tim this is absolutly definately true.

If it is i don't understand it, ok if it's out in August in US, i wouldn't mind in out in september here, which is the normal delay over the pond

James its not 100% true, its just what jonny heard on the radio after they played it, which makes less sence coz the radio must have the song now and they play it 3 months before its release???

What im gonna do, even tho im just 1 person, im gonna start requesting the song, u never know if its played a lot they might realise how dumb they are and change the release date back to August or whatever. :chuks:

Lets hope that this is not true! That really woludn't make any sense at all! Look at the huge time between when Switch is released and now possibly the october release of Party Starter!

If this information is true then I can see L&F bombing like Born To Reign

If this information is true then I can see L&F bombing like Born To Reign

:word:

I hope this is not true! Why the hell would they wait so long? It doesn't make any sense? The UK was the first country to get Switch and now they should have to wait untill october for Party Starter? I think this is fake!