JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WACKEST HIP-HOP SONGS OF ALL TIME

I laughed when i saw this topic again. It's all opinions, man. Don't take it 2 seriously. If u like commerical rap, then u won't like what people like me have 2 say. I like Nick Cannon's stuff and Nitty's stuff...lot of people hate that. I'm not gonna get bent outta shape when people diss it. When posts like this are made, u just gotta agree 2 disagree. Giving props 2 Nelly, Ja-Rule, Jay-Z, 50 Cent will never fly with me. My favorites like JJ+FP, MC Hammer, Heavy D, Salt-N-Pepa, and Young MC will never be respected by someone who's 1st album ever waz The Chonic.

Since this post is resurrected, let me add on that any song by Young Joc, Young Dro, Baby Boy, Ying Yang Twinz, Mike Jones, Youngbloodz, Slim Thug, T.I., Paul Wall, and ICP is straight crap.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, well im not gonna mention any names of whome iam player hatin on , but iam into the kind of hip-hop/rap That deals with the realworld..Iam not gonna say that I hate an artsit and everything he/shemakes is whack..that aint true.Many of these whack musicians also got good music but their majority is whack that's what I would have to say..So iam not gonna mention any whack rappers, but If u understand what iam sayin then u get my point..

I realized thatmany of you have said that all this artsit musc is bad,

ok.

So i got question for people who said that a certain Arstist or group's music is whack.."SO Did you take the time to listen to some mostod their music before saying all their musicis bad?" Or are you just saying it coz you dont like their style?

This is one of the few topics that splits the whole community in 2 fractions...haha.

I understand your points in a curtain way. You're right, current hip hop isn't as good as the hip hop of the 80's or the 90's. I totally agree. Hip Hop degenerated during the last 5 or 6 years. But I can't understand some of your points.

1.) Some of you said that they hate everything Eminem or Snoop Doog does. Let me ask you a question. Do you really hate their music, or do you hate the person? That's the question you have to ask yourself. Because Eminem and Snoop Dogg are legends. You can't erase them out of Hip Hop's history. And that they are whack is absolutely not true. Listen to the Marshall Mathers LP or to Doggystyle, these are classics. Another name I read here was Dr. Dre. Come on, this guy is an icon. He gave us rappers like Snoop and Ice Cube, who is one of my favourite rapper after Will. Yes, Dre isn't the best rapper, but he's a very very good producer. I love this old school west coast G-Funk music from the early 90's. And I also love some east coast music performed by DMX, Method Man, Wu-Tang Clan or Nas.

2.) AJ, you said that if someone loves the Chronic he won't respect MC Hammer or JJFP stuff. Why not? I love JJFP's music, and I love Ice Cube's or DMX's music. It works.

Please don't think I wanna criticeze you, dudes. I just wanted to give you a point to think about. I hope I could do it.

Peace.

QUOTE(JumpinJack AJ @ May 12 2007, 11:36 PM) *

If u like commerical rap, then u won't like what people like me have 2 say. I like Nick Cannon's stuff and Nitty's stuff.

That's just not right. You'r battling yourself right there.

You're right there Turntable :respect: :iagree:

How is it commerical when they aren't generating hits?!? Neither of them cuss or glorify violence. They don't waste time writing about over-told "hood-stories." Whether anyone likes their music or not, they are writing music that is actually relevant 2 their life...that's what we call keepin' it real...not sell-out, money chasing, phoney commerical rap.

I'm with AJ on this one, im tired of the over told hood stories, mainstream minimize Hip-Hop posibilities, vaariety, thats the key

What you talking about Aj, with the guns and the drugs, isnt commercial,m its just gangsta rap (wack gangsta rap mostly).. Caus most of them guys that talk abut that dont sell allot ether, only a few. Commercial rap doesnt have to be about that.. I mean, Will Smith is a commercial Rapper. A damn good one, but he's commercial. If you are on a major label, you are commercial. Thats how it is.

Edited by Turntable

Well this thread is old but basically like I said in my original post there, you could just nominate basically most of the stuff of the radio stuff for the worst songs ever, there's a reason why Nas said hip-hop is dead

I would never call FP commercial either. What has he ever done 2 sell out and do what everyone else is doing? I would call his stuff radio-friendly or mainstream Hip-Hop....but not commerical. Mainstream Hip-Hop, 2 me, is Hip-Hop that caters 2 a big audience becuz people of wide array can identify with it. Polished or not, it's good music. It's radio friendly in the sense that it isn't going 2 offend or truely leave somebody out cuz it's sound or lyrics are so extreem. That's the same category i throw Nick Cannon and Skee-Lo in. They respect their listeners and hold themselve 2 a certain standard, whether they are respected or not. They make music they are proud of. Arrested Developement (and Speech) have released tons of albums, tho' they haven't had a hit since 1994. They are making quality music 4 the listeners...not the fame or money. That's love...that's Hip-Hop. It's funny now since true Hip-Hop isn't apart of the mainstream. So my term "mainstream Hip-Hop" and "Radio friendly" no longer literally fit. But some of us remember a time when the music on the charts was also some of the best music ever. Looking at modern day artists, even tho' Black Eyed Peas have flipped their style, i love their music. 1st of all, cuz i do think it's good, creative, and pushing borders. I firmly believe their earlier music is better, but they respect their listeners. They lyrics are good, their music is creative, and most of all, they love Hip-Hop. They love music.

When i say commerical rap, i'm talking about the music that is quickly and carelessly thrown 2gether just 2 make a quick dollar. Listen 2 these dirty south beats. Most of them are empty. They suck. The consideration if the beat (i can't even call it music) is even good doesn't exist. The voice, flow, and lyrics mean nothing. They are unfocused, cookie-cutter, rhymes that don't say much of anything. Some of those songs don't even have a topic. Who can truely say someone like Young Joc has flow, delivery or charisma? Some of those dirty south rappers don't even speak english. They purposly talk like they are 3 year olds. Who can say Young Jeezy sounds good on a beat? Half of the verses on this crappy songs are just random freestyles. And the topics...sex, pride, drugs, guns, material things. It's idiotic poison. I don't care about Jay-Z's car. I don't care about whatever 50 Cent things he can pridefully mumble about. And i don't even wanna listen 2 some fool who can't say 15 words without cussing. Get some class. Get some education. Get some dignity. There's nothing "real" about over-cussing on a song. It just shows the lack of songwriting ability, lack of creativity, and a lack of class and intellegence. What's even worse, as Turntable actually tried 2 use as a defense, is that these losers don't even live the life they talk about. I think some rappers are idiotic for their week addictions 2 weed and/or cowardly packing guns. Then someone wants 2 defend them like "they don't really do that in real life." Then why are they glorifying negative stuff like that. How on God's green earth is that "keepin' it real." These people don't care about themselves, their image (other than beeing 'hard'), or about their listeners...especially the kids.

It's all about heart. It's all about love. It's like that...and that's the way it is.

p.s. If i said Jay-Z waz wack in a previous post, i take that back. While i keep my own opinion that i don't think he's that good, i don't consider him "wack." That term is reserved for the Young Joc's and Lil' Jon's. Jay actually has a few singles i like...like Ain't No..., City Is Mine, + Wishing On A Star. He's probably the most overrated rapper ever tho.'

I laughed when i saw this topic again. It's all opinions, man. Don't take it 2 seriously. If u like commerical rap, then u won't like what people like me have 2 say. I like Nick Cannon's stuff and Nitty's stuff...lot of people hate that. I'm not gonna get bent outta shape when people diss it. When posts like this are made, u just gotta agree 2 disagree. Giving props 2 Nelly, Ja-Rule, Jay-Z, 50 Cent will never fly with me. My favorites like JJ+FP, MC Hammer, Heavy D, Salt-N-Pepa, and Young MC will never be respected by someone who's 1st album ever waz The Chonic.

Since this post is resurrected, let me add on that any song by Young Joc, Young Dro, Baby Boy, Ying Yang Twinz, Mike Jones, Youngbloodz, Slim Thug, T.I., Paul Wall, and ICP is straight crap.

I was about to be a smarta$$ and list the full tracklisting to Young Joc's cd...and you beat me to the punch.

ah. :sipread: