JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I been wantin to say this for a while

I don't see why people on this fourum don't like Emenim. He dissed him once, YEARS AGO. You really dhouldn't even take it personaly because, Emenim disses every one. If He dissed me (If I was famous) I wouldn'ttake it personally.

Other members: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

Jetdash: :sigh:

Edited by Jetdash

Well, that is not the only reason people in this forum don't like him, it is because he gets so much attention and sales that he doesn't deserve, I think he is way overrated. The Mockingbird song, Will did Just the Two of Us a long time ago, and people make a big deal when Em does a song about his kid. He represents what is wrong with hip-hop today.

I don't Hate him because he dissed Will. that was something you cn't get Mad about..It was stupid.

I hate him because he's repatitive (Raps about His mom, Ex, Daughter, adn Boy bands TOo Much). He's annoying. He doesn't try anymore, because dude HAD talent. his production skills is weak. He Ruined Tupac's last album.....

Yea, and there are more.

I just don't like him because I feel he's exploiting black music. The reason why he got any fame at all is (and i'm being honest) is because he's white. If he was black and rapping the same thing, no one would really care. He's a teeny-bopper rapper who thinks he isn't. He's the only rapper that gets on TRL no matter how crappy the song and video. Since he came out, he took any any shine other rappers could possibly get. He and G-Unit are the only ones selling right now. His quality in songs have gone down too. I don't respect him as a person either. The only people he has the "courage" to diss are teeny-boppers, or deceased people. He shouldn't have dissed Will, Christopher Reeve, Sonny Bono, or Kurt Cobain. What have these people done to him?

Edited by *mimi*

That line on "Real Slim Shady" has nothing 2 do with why many of us don't like him. In fact, back then i liked Eminem. I found out about him shortly b4 he blew up and i loved him. His lyrics were crazy. Funny, intellegent, witty, clever. His sound waz dope. He waz totally a breath of fresh air. Then his 2nd album came out. I don't think it waz that bad, but nothin about it could compare 2 "The Slim Shady LP." The beats were good...sometimes over produced...but still good 4 the most part. The lyrics got darker and more serious. At this point, EVERYBODY on a commercial front followed whatever he did. It waz during this era that i got kinda annoyed at how he dissed people and poked fun at situations strictly 2 get attentiong and sell records. By the time The Eminem Show came out...his magic waz totally gone. While he occasionally dose a really good song from time 2 time, all of it is swallowed up by the crap he puts out.

Besides, as a person, he's proved 2 have made some bad choices. The problems with his ex-wife, the way he treats his mother, etc. He just makes bad choices and dosen't know how 2 forgive people and let go of the past. He's just turned in 2 this insenstive person who no longer cares about his art. I will praise his early work 4ever...but most of his stuff stuff is trash.

2 think most of us don't like him cuz of "Real Slim Shady" is rediculous.

That line on "Real Slim Shady" has nothing 2 do with why many of us don't like him.  In fact, back then i liked Eminem.  I found out about him shortly b4 he blew up and i loved him.  His lyrics were crazy.  Funny, intellegent, witty, clever.  His sound waz dope.  He waz totally a breath of fresh air.  Then his 2nd album came out.  I don't think it waz that bad, but nothin about it could compare 2 "The Slim Shady LP."  The beats were good...sometimes over produced...but still good 4 the most part.  The lyrics got darker and more serious.  At this point, EVERYBODY on a commercial front followed whatever he did.  It waz during this era that i got kinda annoyed at how he dissed people and poked fun at situations strictly 2 get attentiong and sell records.  By the time The Eminem Show came out...his magic waz totally gone.  While he occasionally dose a really good song from time 2 time, all of it is swallowed up by the crap he puts out. 

Besides, as a person, he's proved 2 have made some bad choices.  The problems with his ex-wife, the way he treats his mother, etc.  He just makes bad choices and dosen't know how 2 forgive people and let go of the past.  He's just turned in 2 this insenstive person who no longer cares about his art.  I will praise his early work 4ever...but most of his stuff stuff is trash.

:metoo: Same here! You can't realy call "Ass Like That" or "Without Me" a song can you? He was dope back in the day! Now he just sucks...he lost his magic like AJ said!

That line on "Real Slim Shady" has nothing 2 do with why many of us don't like him.  In fact, back then i liked Eminem.  I found out about him shortly b4 he blew up and i loved him.  His lyrics were crazy.  Funny, intellegent, witty, clever.  His sound waz dope.  He waz totally a breath of fresh air.  Then his 2nd album came out.  I don't think it waz that bad, but nothin about it could compare 2 "The Slim Shady LP."  The beats were good...sometimes over produced...but still good 4 the most part.  The lyrics got darker and more serious.  At this point, EVERYBODY on a commercial front followed whatever he did.  It waz during this era that i got kinda annoyed at how he dissed people and poked fun at situations strictly 2 get attentiong and sell records.  By the time The Eminem Show came out...his magic waz totally gone.  While he occasionally dose a really good song from time 2 time, all of it is swallowed up by the crap he puts out. 

Besides, as a person, he's proved 2 have made some bad choices.  The problems with his ex-wife, the way he treats his mother, etc.  He just makes bad choices and dosen't know how 2 forgive people and let go of the past.  He's just turned in 2 this insenstive person who no longer cares about his art.  I will praise his early work 4ever...but most of his stuff stuff is trash.

:metoo: Same here! You can't realy call "Ass Like That" or "Without Me" a song can you? He was dope back in the day! Now he just sucks...he lost his magic like AJ said!

yeah he did his things and mixs but now he just sucks

Lol, shouldn't this be on the caught in the middle forum... anyway, my two cents...

I don't like Eminem because of his content. There are just some things you shouldn't say, even if you can say it. That describes the majority of content in his music. There is just so much you can blame on your childhood and upbringing before it really just becomes an excuse. Instead of lamenting about how you were treated, use that energy to affect change in the area that was devastated in your life. Go back to your old neighborhood and help those that you grew up with and that, those that are going through the same thing you went through when you were little. Use your music to project positive images, not to stir controversy or to put people down and attack them lyrically. Would that take away from his spins and his paper... of course, but at least he'd be contributing something positive to society instead of speaking words and projecting images of death and destruction into children's minds.

Trying to live righteous

Fighting for life thiis my life

And That's why I go light on my vices

Tightening the vices of truth on the ruthless

It's rhymin' and the crime is their minds is just useless

The path of the poison

The genesis of the genocide

You and your boys trying to decide

What to write but your pen is a sword

And the blade has been forged

Young minds getting gorged

States have been altered by liquor by weed