JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Future Legends

Mike

• Members

What is it you're missing with my replys: I'm saying the same thing as you: If he continues to do good and stay true he will be a legend. I don't think jazzy is a better beatmaker than him.

Am I missing something here? :hmm:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Braceup: I ain't gonna respond to that... sayin BEP and Hammer being better than kanye is just hating. So it thought we stayed away from hate on the board. If u can't listen to music and not be biased then don't go into a discussion.

Bigted: Dre is a legend to me cause of NWA and the chronic which he wrote mostly himself. ice cube, rene and eazy are also legends in my eyes. Cause NWA was the original Gangsta thing. And they're music was actually good. Better than alot of the gangstas out now.

I DO NOT THINK KANYE WEST IS A LEGEND. BUT I THINK HE MIGHT BE IF HE STAYS TRUE AND GOOD. So stop saying i'm saying he's a legend.

And yes...at this point, Kanye is a better producer than Jazzy. Alot of jazzy's late work have been quite disappointing. Not bad, absolutyly not, I think he's one in the top 10, maybe top 5. But y'all probably ain't heard everything kanye done. Damn...that alicia keys joint - you don't know my name, The corners with common, alot of stuff on the new common album, never let you down, this can't be life, takeover, guess who's back, get by, good to you, guerilla moonsoon rap and the list goes on.

Of course you can't compare they're old stuff, cause jazzys been in it longer. BUT, kanye did also change the sound. He brought the soul back to the game.

well i reckon kanye neds to put out at least 1 more solid album b4 he could be considered a legend- 1 great album def is not enough.

in my opinion this next album of his is make or break for him.

Wrong...that's one of the reasons people don't get the chance to be legends anymore. Even if he does an so so or good album. He still got the chance. heard of the sophmore jinx? How come nas is a legend when he only dropped one REALLY good album? After that he only made so so or good albums. Jigga wouldn't be a legend if he hadn't done The blueprint and The Black album. Bot not as good as Reasonable doubt, but just under which still is very, very good.

Aight here's what I think!

Kanye West - Will be a legend when it comes to producing...not to rapping! Since he dropped that soul sample style, speed up some samples...everybody is doing it or is trying it or want's a Kanye West beat on his album! So he will be remembered for that...his rapping is aight! Song like Jesus Walks and All Falls Down are classic...but he has some songs on his album that ain't all that!

Jermaine Dupri (JD) - Hate him as much as you want..he IS a legend! Who else can take some kid rappers (kriss kross) and make some serious money! Don't front, I know you like "Jump" by those guys! Also, JD, has worked with almost everybody who is somebody in the game! He helped M. Carry get back on top! In my eyes, he is a legend..PERIOD!

Bow Wow - I've heard his new album "Wanted" and he went on that "Get Money" fast type of hip hop! Something like Nelly or Chingy! He some dope songs on there...but he switched his style! I ain't gonna front, I liked his first album and also some songs from his second one...but saying he will be a legend..I don't know! He could be...if he get his **** together!

50 cent - Won't never be a legend! What is he doing that is now or fresh? Nothing! He's walking the road that 2 Pac paved for him and almost every other Gangsta Rapper in the game! Call me when 50 does something new and fresh...something orginial and then we can discuss if he will ever be a legend!

Same thing for The Game!

And as far as snoop goes....He fell off! He wen't from making classic songs ('Nothing But A G-Thang", Gin & Juice) to making pop songs with Justin Timberlake!

I lost my respect for him...but I'm still bumping that old skool Snoop!

Yeah Dr. Dre is a legend from "The Chronic" and "Straight Outta Compton" but his recent work has proven he has fallen off for having other people produce songs with him and other people writing songs for him so he is not the greatest producer ever like people say he is basically what I'm saying. MC Hammer is a legend 'cause he opened more doors in hip-hop than Kanye West has ever did for bringing positive rhymes on the commercial scene, he would outperform him easily in show too and you know it so don't front, Black Eyed Peas get a lot of hate but they make more postive music than G Unit does, they're the best group on the commercial scene since the Fugees, they help people remember the Fugees, "Where Is The Love" is better than "Jesus Walks" too, and they got James Brown "The Godfather Of Soul" on their album where most rappers only sample him, I think James Brown having love for the Black Eyed Peas is more relevant than people dissing Black Eyed Peas, they're just jealous, Talib Kweli and Q-Tip are down with them too since they're on the Black Eyed Pea album, De La Soul gave them props in the last Vibe issue too. I don't get how people could say Will and MC Hammer are sellouts and say Eminem and Jay-Z are legends, I mean isn't "My Name Is" and "H to the Izzo" as commercial as "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" and "U Can't Touch This"? Either they're all legends or none of them are whether you like them or not 'cause that's contradictory to favor one over the other! People call LL soft for making love songs like "I Need Love" but didn't Common make "The Light"? Songs about love are something we all could relate to but that gangbanging s*** gets played out after a while, that's why I cannot say that NWA is a better group than Tribe Called Quest. A lot of cats were influenced off of Jazzy Jeff's producing style, including Dr. Dre and Kanye West, "Summertime" came out before "The Chronic" and "College Dropout" didn't it? btw, Michael Jackson doesn't write of all his songs either so that means he's wack? :wtf: There are many ways to be a legend, not just songwriting, you could be a great freestyler, you could be a great performer, you could make great videos, and still be a positive influence on music. If DMX died in '99, he'd be considered a legend just like Pac and Biggie, dead rappers get a legendary bias, we don't know what would happen if they were living, they'd be underrated like DMX is!

Edited by bigted

Potential to be 'Future Legends'. I think we missed that topic.

Kanye West - Well, I don't think so. He's TOO arrogant to have such a title. If he tones down and explores creativeness in his sound more, then I'll say he could be.

Bow Wow - No, he'll just be a solid artist at the most.

To be honest, all this new stuff from like 2000 on, really isn't anything legendary. Nobody is stickin' out becuz everybody is doin the same or talkin the same. There R no future legends of today's era. That's just the truth.

:yeahthat: I honestly don't think Bow Wow'll be a legend either but he is the best young cat on the hip-hop scene and I'm say he'd have the best chance to be one, slightly better than Memphis Bleek, Fabolous, Juelz Santana, and a few others that make forgettable music which doesn't say much about where hip-hop is heading and the intelligence of the youth too, if you look at the rhymes that LL, FP, Rakim, and KRS made when they were in the teens/early 20s compared to rappers out now that are now in that age bracket, it's mindblowing, it seems like cats in high school can't even write their names now, let alone a rhyme, lol, I think peeps like me and fuq are gonna have to come on the scene, lol, the veteran mcs that came out 10+ years ago are still the best ones, they're our living legends! The stuff that Jazzy produces Jill Scott is far superior to what Kanye does with Alicia Keys, Alicia Keys is a better producer than Kanye. Speaking of Alicia Keys, where are the new talented females at in hip-hop? I think Jean Graye is the best female mc in a while but I wonder if she'll ever get fame. JD brought in talented artists like Jagged Edge and Usher the same way Teddy Riley brought in talented artists like Keith Sweat and Guy in the new jack swing era, JD said in an interview he was influenced from that New Jack Swing Era and he's keepin' that essence alive so damn right he's a legend, although I personally prefer Guy over Jagged Edge and Keith Sweat is the man but Usher's a great dancer, we all have different tastes, there are some legends that we won't listen to much but we could still recognize that they're legends.

Okay..I give up this debate. My view on hammer is that he never got the chance to show to the masses how good hos deeper side was. He didn't make an impact with that. I would say in MY eyes he'll be a rememberable artist.

Kanye, as i said: only the future will tell. I think he got the potential cuz he is still evolving.

BEP: Never, i don't give a damn about how much cred they get from talib and q-tip and brown. THEY have fallen off. They ain't evolving, their album is straight up wack. Don't say anything other than that. just listen to it, and give me your honest opinion, it ain't hot. they made one of the best albums i've heard: bridging the gap, but **** happened?

I think we missed ATCQ and Bone Thugs N Harmony as legends too... They def are.

I ain't no BEP fan but I gotta give them credit for making songs with better content than most of these wanksta rap groups today who make songs about "wait until u see my d***?" and by having James Brown, Q-Tip, and Talib Kweli on their albums, they introduce them more to the masses just like Kanye does and they're humble, Kanye is too damn conceited, he should let his music do the talking for him, not everyone'll feel him if he acts like that, but I also give Kanye cred too even though I ain't a fan, and yes Jay-Z' a legend 'cause he has a lil' longevity, only time'll tell if he's still making hits like LL probably will when he's 60, but I ain't a fan of him either, I try to be as open minded as possible and to say BEP is wack just 'cause you don't like to listen to them isn't open minded either, we all have different tastes, just chill man.

Edited by bigted

• Members

Braceup: I ain't gonna respond to that... sayin BEP and Hammer being better than kanye is just hating. So it thought we stayed away from hate on the board. If u can't listen to music and not be biased then don't go into a discussion.

Okay, looks like you're the one who is hating here because my opinion didn't match with yours. Your above post saying I shouldn't join in discussions because I wasn't appreciating Kanye is more biased than you claim me to be.

:yeahthat:lol, I think peeps like me and fuq are gonna have to come on the scene, lol, the veteran mcs that came out 10+ years ago are still the best ones, they're our living legends!

I get a stronger will to go for it everyday. I'm tryna get on the scene whether they want me to or not. Honestly, I don't wanna stay forever if such a thing could happen. 3-4 albums, and I'm done. That's the way I'm lookin at it right now. Sittin' here at gettin nothin done, but I'm a do my best to make it happen.

Alicia Keys is a better producer than Kanye.

Err... I don't think so. No matter how much you don't agree with the opinions that Kanye will not become a legend or not, that is just a silly statement to make. Kanye is by far a better producer than Alicia. How many people are queing up to get an Alicia Keys beat over a Kanye beat?? :hmm:

Err... I don't think so. No matter how much you don't agree with the opinions that Kanye will not become a legend or not, that is just a silly statement to make. Kanye is by far a better producer than Alicia. How many people are queing up to get an Alicia Keys beat over a Kanye beat?? :hmm:

You don't like Alicia Keys? Alicia's work right now is genious I'd say! A lot of people like Alicia's work too, I think she has some Grammies too, so you could say that she's at least on the same level as him, it's not like I said somebody you never heard of is better than Kanye, it's sorta unfair to compare them though since Alicia does more r&b producing and Kanye does hip-hop producing, speaking of producers, what other of today's producers in hip-hop could be future legends? I'd say that Pharrell's doing a lot of great things right now in hip-hop and could be one, Swizz Beats is great too but I don't like much of his recent work, "I'm A Hustla" is average compared to "Ruff Ryders Anthem", and Hi-Tek's a slept on producer, I'm looking forward to him doing another album with Talib Kweli again.

Edited by bigted

You don't like Alicia Keys? Alicia's work right now is genious I'd say! A lot of people like Alicia's work too, I think she has some Grammies too, so you could say that she's at least on the same level as him, it's not like I said somebody you never heard of is better than Kanye, it's sorta unfair to compare them though since Alicia does more r&b producing and Kanye does hip-hop producing, speaking of producers, what other of today's producers in hip-hop could be future legends? I'd say that Pharrell's doing a lot of great things right now in hip-hop and could be one, Swizz Beats is great too but I don't like much of his recent work, "I'm A Hustla" is average compared to "Ruff Ryders Anthem", and Hi-Tek's a slept on producer, I'm looking forward to him doing another album with Talib Kweli again.

Its not that I don't like Alicias work, in fact I think its really good! I just think that she is no way better at it than Kanye is!!

I think the Neptunes will be legends! However, they're beats tend to be very samey and repetative! They have worked with literally EVERYONE in the game and when they were in there prime, they had the game on lock!