JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Future Legends

Mike

Bow wow gets his rhymes written by T.I. He ain't done **** to deserved to be called a legend. Dre uses ghostwriters, but he has done much more in other ways.

But ehm lol..Bow Wow was here before T.L. :lolsign:

And before that he was gettin rhymes written by Snoop and JD =)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigted posted:

he was a better mc at 13 than 50 Cent is now

You have to insult 50 in every one of your posts about hip-hop, ain't it? :wink:

Nah man you must have me confused with AJ! :lolsign: Bow Wow was freestyling when he was 5 years old and Snoop Dogg liked it so much that he got a record deal, how many rappers could say that? He was rapping a lot of kid s*** before though when he 1st came out so I really didn't like him that much but that was kinda cool to see a 13-year old rapping, lol, more entertaining than seeing a million thug rappers, when I heard "My Baby" though, I see that his style's more mature now, that actually had me buy that "Unleashed" album, that's a pretty solid effort for any rapper now, I bet he could even compete with Kanye in a freestyle battle, some of his songs are commercial but even Jay-Z does commercial songs, he's bound to drop a classic soon, mark my word on that one, it even took Jay-Z until he was 26 to drop one remember, in fact I'd buy Bow Wow's new album faster than I would buy Kanye's new one if I had to choose but I'm broke so I won't buy either, lol. This song "To My Mama" he made about his mama is deeper than what most rappers today talk about:

"[bow Wow - talking] (Amerie)

Haha, yeah, this song right here

is dedicated to that one special woman in my life, right

(Thank you for loving me)

My mother

(And thank you for holding me down)

Theresa

(I know that you care for me)

Renee

(Cause you always been around)

Sing it

(Thank you for loving me)

Ma this song right here is for you

(Wanna thank you for holding me down)

Haha, all the love you showed me

(I know that you care for me)

I'm a give it right back to you, let's go

(Cause you've always been around)

[Chorus - Amerie] (Bow Wow) - 2X

All of the things you do (yeah)

I can never repay you (uh huh)

I can't imagine life without you

(My mama, my road dog)

[Verse 1 - Bow Wow]

Anything you need from me, mom you know that it's yours

You're the only woman in my life that I adore

I remember back in the days when we couldn't get much

TV's wasn't comin and the floor was tore up

Now you juggle three jobs just to take care of me

Yo baby boy, Bow Weezy

Late night shifts, daytime to the AM

Comin home late, there was my best friend

My soulmate, yes my big brother

The one who tucked me in, put me under the covers

When I had nightmares, you came right away

Read me bedtime stories and chased them away

My beautiful black queen, my everything

The one that keeps this heart pumpin everyday

I'm a young man now, but my plan

is to show you that I really understand

Mom, I love you

[Chorus] - 2X (without the "yeah" and "uh huh" from Bow Wow)

[Verse 2 - Bow Wow]

Look at you now, you sittin up on top of the world

Got a X5 and a Benz just to swerve

Got ya dream house now, sittin on big land

Big money, big jewels, big game plan

You told me one day I would make it this far

Have God in my life and I'm gonna be the star

I did it, well, look where we at

Don't have to worry 'bout past due bills and all that

Don't have to worry 'bout them bill collectors all on your back

Don't worry, if you ain't got it, I got your back

Don't even worry 'bout you workin 3 jobs real late

Don't have to worry when you have no food to put on the plate

Back then, I didn't understand but I do now

I look back and I reminisce on how it all went down

Went from bad to good, from frowns to smiles

Mom I really love you, understand now

I love you

[Chorus] - 2X (without the "yeah" and "uh huh" from Bow Wow)

[break - Amerie] (Bow Wow)

Thank you for loving me (say what now)

Thank you for holding me down (say what now)

I know that you care for me (sing that)

Cause you've always been around (kick it back and)

Thank you for loving me (say what now)

Thank you for holding me down (say what now)

All that you care for me (say what)

Cause you've always been around (drop the beat back)

[bow Wow] (Amerie)

Yo (yeah, ah)

This song right here is dedicated to my mother (and ohh)

And all the mothers out there (oh oh ooh)

Every mother (yeah)

All the single mothers out there workin hard (oh oh yeah)

Just keep ya head up (oh)

And we gonna do it like this for all the mothers now (oh oh oh ooh)

All the mothers rock, rock, rock on, uh (ooh)

All the mothers rock, rock, rock on, uh (ooh)

If you with me, rock, rock, rock on, uh (ooh)

Uh, a ha, uh (just keep ya, just keep ya)

Just keep ya head up (just keep ya)

Uh, a ha, uh rock on (just keep ya head up)

Uh uhu uh rock on, uh (just keep ya head up)

All my single mothers, rock on (yeah)

All my mothers c'mon, uh (yeah, yeah)

[Chorus] - 2X (without Bow Wow's "my mama, my road dog" the second time)

[Amerie - singing over Chorus and solo until fade]

All the things you do

That's why I love you

That's why I need you

That's why I need you, yeah

Tll the things you do

I can never replace ya

I can't imagine my life without the one I love

AHH .. NOO

Yeah, yeah, yeah

WOO, ew, ew

Yeah, yeah

Oh, oh, oh, oh, no

I love you mama

Said I love you mama

Yeah, yeah.."

That's a average mama songs... there are much better songs than that. Remember...we're talking about LEGEND status..

Bigted posted:

he was a better mc at 13 than 50 Cent is now

You have to insult 50 in every one of your posts about hip-hop, ain't it? :wink:

Nah man you must have me confused with AJ! :lolsign: Bow Wow was freestyling when he was 5 years old and Snoop Dogg liked it so much that he got a record deal, how many rappers could say that? He was rapping a lot of kid s*** before though when he 1st came out so I really didn't like him that much but that was kinda cool to see a 13-year old rapping, lol, more entertaining than seeing a million thug rappers, when I heard "My Baby" though, I see that his style's more mature now, that actually had me buy that "Unleashed" album, that's a pretty solid effort for any rapper now, I bet he could even compete with Kanye in a freestyle battle, some of his songs are commercial but even Jay-Z does commercial songs, he's bound to drop a classic soon, mark my word on that one, it even took Jay-Z until he was 26 to drop one remember, in fact I'd buy Bow Wow's new album faster than I would buy Kanye's new one if I had to choose but I'm broke so I won't buy either, lol. This song "To My Mama" he made about his mama is deeper than what most rappers today talk about:

I`m totaly with you! :1-say-yes:

That's a average mama songs... there are much better songs than that. Remember...we're talking about LEGEND status..

"Jesus Walks" is an average song about God too, there are a lot of dope gospel rappers out there, Kanye didn't originate songs about God either. I didn't say that Bow Wow song would make him a legend either but if you're saying "Jesus Walks" makes Kanye a pioneer you must be trippin', MC Hammer was one of the 1st to make songs about God popular, remember "Pray" and "Do Not Pass Me By"? 2Pac also made powerful songs like "Keep Ya Head Up" and "Me Against The World". I don't get how people could say MC Hammer's soft for making songs about God and turn around and call Kanye West a genious, it must be 'cause Kanye curses and MC Hammer doesn't, MC Hammer is more original than him though and people are ignorant. KRS-ONE also makes songs about God too including a gospel rap album so don't tell me Kanye's a legend for that!

Edited by bigted

"Jesus Walks" is an average song about God too, there are a lot of dope gospel rappers out there, Kanye didn't originate that either. I didn't say that Bow Wow song would make him a legend either but if you're saying "Jesus Walks" makes Kanye a pioneer you must be trippin', MC Hammer made songs about God popular, remember "Pray"?

I don't talk about jesus walks, i'm talking about the whole concept he's doing, even though that is a good song. I talk about All Falls Down, We don't care, Spaceship, Two Words. I Talk about him starting a movement of fans.

Besides.. Kanye's Hey Mama is a lot better than the bow wow song.

you CAN NOT deny it is a good thing people and the listeners listen to mroe conscious rap after the Kanye hype. He has opened eyes to the like of Talib, Common and so on.

Alot of young fans started listening to Fugees again.

I look at skills, longevity, and originality as big factor for being a legend more than popularity 'cause if we were to say being popular's the big factor, Ja Rule would be a legend, lol. Kanye needs to put more time in to be a legend 'cause I don't think he's the most skillful mc out now, Common and Mos Def would rip him to shreds and he doesn't rank up there with DJ Premiere or Jazzy Jeff when it comes to making dope beats either, he is bringing more consciousness to hip-hop though and respect is given but to call him a legend right now would be silly 'cause I would not rank "College Dropout" up there with "Paid In Full" or even "The Master" for that matter.

Please, Kanye West is no legend. There's a big difference between being a legend and working with one. (John Legend, :haha:)

But honestly bigted, Legends should have some popularity. Nah, they should have popularity, at least to the point of being recognized by the poeple. How else did we get 'legends' from ancient times? As far as thinking people are lookin at the wrong ones to be legends, I say, give it time. They should see truth sooner or later. I rather have them recognize who isn't a legend than to recognize what is. (but they go hand in hand anyway).

And in the words of Elvin Tibedau (sp?) "If we look foward without ever looking backward, then we're really looking nowhere." :haha: Seemed fitting to say.

I look at skills, longevity, and originality as big factor for being a legend more than popularity 'cause if we were to say being popular's the big factor, Ja Rule would be a legend, lol.  Kanye needs to put more time in to be a legend 'cause I don't think he's the most skillful mc out now, Common and Mos Def would rip him to shreds and he doesn't rank up there with DJ Premiere or Jazzy Jeff when it comes to making dope beats either, he is bringing more consciousness to hip-hop though and respect is given but to call him a legend right now would be silly 'cause I would not rank "College Dropout" up there with "Paid In Full" or even "The Master" for that matter.

What is it you're missing with my replys: I'm saying the same thing as you: If he continues to do good and stay true he will be a legend. I don't think jazzy is a better beatmaker than him.

There's nothing wrong with Kanye West, I never said that he was wack but the problem today with commercial rap is that there's so many wack albums out that if somebody drops a solid release people are quick to jump on it and call it a classic 'cause it does blow competition away when there's not much out there, it shouldn't be called a legendary album, there were rappers 10-15 ago that put out solid albums but there was so much great stuff out that they got overlooked, but if they dropped 'em now they'd be called classic, there ain't gonna be too many legends from this era I don't think, people are still talking about "Parents Just Don't Understand", "Children's Story", "South Bronx", and "Rock The Bells" nearly 20 years after they were released, rappers might sell more now but I don't think their music'll stand the test of time like that, it's better to have 20,000 people buy your music and remember it for the rest of their lives than to have 20 million buy your music and forget it a few years later. btw, DMX has earned legend status in my opinion too 'cause when he came out he brought hardcore lyricism to the game in the bling-bling era by dropping 2 classic albums in one year, nobody ever did that before, he could rip a lot of mcs to shreds, I'm looking forward to his new album, he deserves more respect than what he gets at this point 'cause he's right up there with Nas, Jay-Z, and Common since he stands out with an original style.

Edited by bigted

Right now, Kanye West is not a legend. While I do think he is a bit overrated and cocky, he is bringing awareness to socially conscious rap back in the spotlight, which is good. He does have a positive message to convey, which is good, but no one is a legend after just one album. Check in 10 years, and then decide if he is a legend or not.

It's not that big of an issue if a 15-year old doesn't write all of his rhymes, not many even rap when they're 15 anyway, Bow Wow has skills 'cause he wouldn't have been discovered at 5 years old if he didn't, he hasn't done anything yet so far groundbreaking but give him time. 50 Cent ghostwrote most of Game's album supposedly and I think KRS-ONE and Big Pun used to write a lot of Fat Joe's rhymes and now Dr. Dre not writing his rhymes at 40 years old is embarassing, he's only a legend for producing and there's a rumor that he has people ghostproduce the stuff for him too so he's a fake!

There is no way 2 call anybody a future legend. 2 be a legend, u have 2 have staying power and a library of work that is 4 the most part, flawless and consistant (no selling out and totally flipping your style). Rap is full of disposable artists who are here one day and gone the next.

I don't see ANYBODY who released their 1st album in the last 5 years or so 2 be considered as a legend on the long run. Think about it, can u really see anybody like Puffy, Kanye, Ludacris, Nelly, 50 Cent, Eminem, Lil' Jon, or T.I. to someone like Run-DMC, JJ+FP, Public Enemy, MC Lyte, LL Cool J, Queen Latifah, A Tribe Called Quest, MC Hammer, Wu-Tang Clan, N.W.A., 2Pac, etc?

• Members

Bigted posted:

don't get how people could say MC Hammer's soft for making songs about God and turn around and call Kanye West a genious, it must be 'cause Kanye curses and MC Hammer doesn't, MC Hammer is more original than him though and people are ignorant

Damn, at last something I could agree with you. :lolsign: MC Hammer is extremely original and definitely hundred times better than Kanye West. The only reason people started to look down upon Hammer is because of his dance numbers which differed from the image of guns, violence, prison, etc. that the other mainstream rappers were portraying. So if someone considered Hammer as cool, then it's as if their taste was weak. But Kanye just jumped in the MTV generation bandwagon just like Pharell did as a cool producer because the music industry was literally dying so people needed sort of a new hero. With the sudden boom of teenage pop/rock music taking over in the millenium, Kanye came in the exact right moment as the much needed welcome change.

And even though I feel for Kanye for experiencing that terrible accident, it still helped him a lot in getting a sympathetic outlook from the fans and gave him the image of a real survivor. This is the reason why he became so hot with the mainstream fans even though he is just an average rapper with his albums being very weak. Just imagine, if he would have come out the same way in 1993, he would have sank hard because of the presence of Pac, Cube, Snoop, Coolio, and also Fresh Prince. There's no way he could be a legend, but just lucky at arriving at the right moment. He'd be a nobody within the next 5 years. Hell, even the Black Eyed Peas are putting out better tracks than Kanye.

And Fren, I can't believe that you said that Jazzy can't produce better beats than Kanye. Jeff is a hip-hop pioneer. The guy is a genius in producing beats. His beats have got so much variation, whereas when you hear Kanye, it's just mostly the violins and that really annoying computerised voice in the background. He's just not that good.

And Fren, I can't believe that you said that Jazzy can't produce better beats than Kanye. Jeff is a hip-hop pioneer. The guy is a genius in producing beats. His beats have got so much variation, whereas when you hear Kanye, it's just mostly the violins and that really annoying computerised voice in the background. He's just not that good.

When did he say that?? i seem to believe reading he put it the other way around