JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

eminem is retiring

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eminem wasn't the best white rapper, the Beastie Boys are 'cause they're original, they're one of the most creative groups ever period right up there with Public Enemy, Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, and Run-DMC, Em's just another 2Pac wannabe, but he'll probably end up being more famous than 2Pac sadly when it's all said and done, it's just like Elvis getting more fame than James Brown when he bit a lot from James Brown, it does suck that he's gonna continue producing, he should give that up too and let Jazzy Jeff, DJ Premiere, Pete Rock, and Teddy Riley get the shine they deserve again. It's kinda funny that his last album's named "Encore" 'cause Jay-Z' last single was "Encore", but at least Jay-Z' last album was more solid compared to Em, if "Ass Like That" is his last single, it's a hard fall for him, "People dissin' Will sat on a wall/people dissin' Will had a great fall!" :lolsign:

Edited by bigted

His last album sucked, Just Lose It and Ass Like That were horrible songs, good to give it up before he sinks any lower, just proves how hard it is to stand the test of time in rap today, but Will has.

• Members

whats the deal with that weird Indian type accent rapping (no offence to Indian ppl coz u dont sound like that).

Thank you. Cause we sure don't sound like that. :mad:

Bigted posted:

hopefully 50 Cent is next.

No way, homie. :whiteflag:

Bigted posted again:

if "Ass Like That" is his last single, it's a hard fall for him, "People dissin' Will sat on a wall/people dissin' Will had a great fall!"

He's coming out with his last single and video and it's going to be in the same lines as his CD images where at the end of the video, he stares at the mirror, aims a gun to his head and pulls the trigger and is most probably going to say that "This is how you go out with a bang, baby!" So it's going to be amazing, no doubt.

Finally, as for Slim retiring, it's not much of a shocker because most of the Eminem sites had already reported when "Encore" was about to release that it could very well be his final release. Anywho, retirement is good for him because "The Eminem Show" and "Encore" were pretty much average albums and he certainly has lost his touch in bringing out solid albums. But I could only hope that he comes out with some audio in the mixtape circulation because he's extremely good in the tracks appearing in all of the Shady Records mixtapes.

Finally, for Slim it's an end of an era, I guess. :2thumbs:

This dosen't effect me at all. Except that now i know there will be a lesser chance of crap like "Just Lose It" and "@$$ Like That" hitting the radio. I like Eminem's early stuff...so 2 me, he's be retired 4 awhile...cuz this last 2 efforts were no where near as good as his 1st 2 mainstream albums.

"People dissin' Will sat on a wall/people dissin' Will had a great fall!" :lolsign:

after u said that i just had a weird thought, remmember when the Larry Elder show got cancelled and we said Will had cursed him bcoz of what he said in Mr Nice Guy. Well the curse continues with eminem...next Wendy Williams.

I don't even think Eminem needs 2 produce...cuz he isn't very good at it. "Runnin'" and "Ghetto Gospel" came out pretty good....but when u hear the stuff on his recent albums and 2Pac's "Loyal To The Game" album, it bring tears 2 my eyes cuz it's so bad.

Really good thing to do if he feels like he doesn't have the musical motivation to do it anymore.

I've had mixed feelings about eminem, but for every really lousy song I hear from him i get reminded of that he's an very, very skilled rapper when he wants to be it. Lose yourself, Mockingbird, The way I am are all magnificant showcases of brilliant skills. So in that way it's pretty sad a skilled rapper is retiring.

This also means the hiphopworlds needs a new king. Eminem was/is the king of hiphop mainstream. Hate it or love it, he's sold more than any rapper ever, he's got the most influence on hiphop worldwide with people from tadjikistan to the U.S wearing his clothes or listening to him.

50 Cent can't be the King even though he'll probably take the place preliminary. First of all he isn't as controversial to make the headlines, he isn't intellectually on the same level as Eminem (Mosh, White America), and he absolutly isn't on the same level of skills.

I would love to see Kanye taking Jiggas place and just claiming the title. But, he won't be a king cause of the kind of music he does.

It would be a real cool scenario if Dre stepped up with Detox and just took over again. I respect Dre alot.

The Game is to dumb to be a king.

And basically i really don't get how people didn't realize he would retire with the whole concept of Encore. The booklet, the last song. everything.

Really good thing to do if he feels like he doesn't have the musical motivation  to do it anymore.

I've had mixed feelings about eminem, but for every really lousy song I hear from him i get reminded of that he's an very, very skilled rapper when he wants to be it. Lose yourself, Mockingbird, The way I am are all magnificant showcases of brilliant skills. So in that way it's pretty sad a skilled rapper is retiring.

Word!