JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Party Starter - Which version is better?

Which version of Party Starter is better?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Party Starter is better?

• Original Album Version
    • The New Radio Edit

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

at first i liked the radio edit, but the whole egyptian thing and the voices in the middle of the song is just wrong. i do like the radio edit's beat a lil better, but i think i have 2 go with the original after listening to them both a lot.

thats excatly how i feel haha i liked it at first then it got kind of weird with the voices and the egyptian stuff

I also though the album version... but I've listened to the Radioi edit alot with my headphones and ipod.. and it grows alot.

The "egyptian" thing is nice. But the thing that brings it highers is the kicks and snares and the last verse which is unbelieveable.

Radio edit is less boring actually, got more speed, gets the most out of the lyrics, mostly the last verse. It suits the name more.

But I also get it if u like the original better, so did i first.

Tie

He shouldh've added this version to the album!!!

The more I listen to the radio edit, the more I like it. When I listen to the original now, it seems kinda boring. This might be because I've been listening to that version for months, and the radio edit just a couple of weeks. I reckon in 6 months time they'll have probably evened out and I'll appreciate them in different ways, similar to the way I do with Just Crusin and the remix of that...

I wasn't sure about the whole egyptian part of the radio edit, but it adds a nice flare to it, the original seems to be a bit too simple, the radio edit gives a stronger beat. The only thing I don't like about it is when he says "Get on the floor," there is someone echoing it, it loses some of the effect, I think.

• 8 months later...

The album version is boreing...I might buy the single version of party starter!