JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Party Starter - Which version is better?

Which version of Party Starter is better?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Party Starter is better?

• Original Album Version
    • The New Radio Edit

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree w/ njc2b5, the new beat is better but the "get on the floor" loses its effect with someone else saying it.

I think the Radio Edit makes it more comparable 2 stuff on the radio. This'll make it stand up against stuff on the radio. But i think the original version is still easily better and would do the same damage as the Radio Edit will do on the radio.

I actually like the radio edit a lil' more more surprisingly, it actually gives it more of a throwback hip-hop sound, the original's dope too but it sounds a lil' more commercial, hip-hop heads'll love the radio edit, black radio will definately play this one for sure! :jazzy: The bad thing though could be that pop radio might not feel it much, it doesn't sound top-40 friendly.

Edited by bigted

How many days/weeks arrived the Switch video clip after switch opened to the radio ?

So we'll know approx. when party starter will be available, the music video

Well we all first heard switch in the UK first as a video. i dont know what happened in America, if u guys got the video or radio play first.

I like the oroginal...

in the new version they add cool stuff from 1 side but alot of unnceecery junk from the other...

the opening so sucks that it just makin the opening less cool then the begning in the original virsion... I like 2 hear Will say "BIG WILLIE..." that sooo cool but they made it less stronger...

How many days/weeks arrived the Switch video clip after switch opened to the radio ?

So we'll know approx. when party starter will be available, the music video

Well we all first heard switch in the UK first as a video. i dont know what happened in America, if u guys got the video or radio play first.

Well America got the radio play first for Party Starter...they are playing the song!

I wonder about the video....