JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rev. Run Solo Album "Distortion"

bigted

Former Run-DMC member Reverend Run has announced the completion of his first ever solo album, Distortion.

The album was produced entirely by Run and Whiteboy. The first single from the album, “Mind On the Road,” will be featured in EA Sports’ popular football title, “Madden 2006.”

Run, born Joseph Simmons, is the younger brother of Hip-Hop mogul Russell Simmons.

Russell Simmons recently launched a new label, the Russell Simmons Music Group, which is distributed by the Island Def Jam Music Group, a Universal company.

Simmons managed Run-DMC before founding pioneering Hip-Hop label, Def Jam Records along with partner Rick Rubin in 1984.

“Timing is everything," Russell Simmons said in a statement. "The uncompromising loud abrasive rock and roll hip-hop of Run-DMC knocked open the doors to commercial freedom for the rap generation. Their very best efforts were big in the streets and were ahead of their time when it came to the mainstream. The debut album from Rev Run, Distortion, is honest, creative, special, refreshing, and still incredibly commercial. The time is now for Rev Run."

The release of Run’s solo album also coincides with the release of four classic Run-DMC reissues: Run-DMC, King of Rock, Raising Hell and Tougher Than Leather.

The reissues hit stores September 6, while Distortion hits stores on September 13.

Reverend Run will star in his own MTV reality show, "Run's House," in the fall. The album will feature the songs "Boom Ditty," "I Use to Think I Was Run," "Break'em Til It's Broken," "Got a Way," "Home Sweet Home," "Distortion," "Changetime," "Beats to the Rhyme" and "High and Mighty Joe." ...

great! another album i probably won't have money for!  :lolsign:

:word: It's never too early to start a Christmas wish list!

Edited by bigted

yeah... i need to start on my christmas wishlist right now cuz i always think of stuff i want all throughout the year and then i can't remember them by the time christmas comes

AJ: yeah i know but i can't get a job and i'm scrapping for gas money. i have some stuff that i owe people to take care of first, then i have some things i'd like to get first, like those DVD's from Tim.

:word: There's like 10 CDs that I wanna get right now so dishing out $100 for that ain't easy when a brotha's just trying to eat. btw, it seems like every brotha and motha got a reality show, but this Rev. Run one should be interesting.

Beats To The Rhyme, dod you think this'll be a remake of the Run DMC classic. I think this could be a thumping modern day anthem.

I'll definately be getting this, as a Rock & Rap fan it'll be up my street.

Owning all the Run DMC albums tho does tip the ice-berg tho :lolsign: