JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Party Starter Instrumental

all downloading is illegal unless you pay for it

I imagine you're talking about the stuff that's downloaded the majority of the time. However, just in case some folks aren't aware, not all downloading of unpayed for music is illegal in the US. It depends on if the owner of the music is freely giving it away. For example, on another forum I posted a link to a beat I made, there is nothing illegal about downloading that. I created it, I own the rights to it, and I choose to give it away. Also, I would suspect that downloading some of Da Brakes' music isn't illegal either, he appears to be making it freely available. However, downloading Switch is illegal, since the owner of that isn't offering it for free (as far as I know).

Downloading the Party Starter instrumental is probably illegal. However, I don't know if it was made available to folks with the intention of downloading and creating mixes. I can see how that would be in Will Smith's best interest, but I don't know if that was the intention.

I believe there are other fuzzy areas as well, but I don't know enough about them to really comment on them.

Edited by Schnazz

what really gets me sick, is when ppl download music, make mix cd's then go out on the streets and sell them...makin a PROFIT. I can see if a dj needs a cut, and is spinnin somewhere and needs 2 download something for his show...I would think that would benefit the artist, if ppl request the song, and actually go out and buy it as a result..but im like u ...

I don't know enough abt it to really say one way or another...i just know that I dont download music anymore. I have before tho...but just stuff i've already bought, but just dont have anymore...

I would love to download Chasing Forever...cuz I can't seem to get my hands on it ...but forget it!..since I no longer have kazaa ...imma just hafta go out and get the cd again .. lmbo..

peace,

cookie

not every :word:  :1-say-yes:

Every!

man, not every! i said once said twice :1-say-yes:

there is legal software programs to download ,there is legal video to download and there is legal audio to download (i am not sure about the last one but deffenly for the others :word: )

Every!

there is legal software programs to download ,there is legal video to download and there is legal audio to download (i am not sure about the last one but deffenly for the others :word: )

It`s only legal if you pay for it or it`s realy free like Brakes musik!

Every!

It`s only legal if you pay for it or it`s realy free like Brakes musik!

damn this is the biggest reply :wink:

man some official sites like divx.com has legal free download (just check i dont wonna another reply :wink: ) and has legal videos to download like that great video which DA Brakes do ''Live from London'' and for the audio -Tim uploud dope tracks which you cant find ANYWHERE and others examples, so which one is right ? :kool:

DO NOT USE KAZAA! Horrible crap.

Use Soulseek or Bearshare, just type in Will Smith and it should come up and if not, ill upload it for you here.

what happened to your BWS CD anyway

that's my boy Jim! :pound:

that's a shame cookies!! i'm sure u can find BWS quite cheap in some record stores these days, or buy it used, or even buy it off ebay.