JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP.com Podcast

Hero1

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that kinda sucks, it would of been funny to put our effort up here lol, maybe just put it a bit of the echo frustration up to show everyone what they missed!

yeah can u put up one of the funniest files, unless u have deleted them now. The one were some1 screamed was pretty funny ( i think it was Dave or wes) it was so loud thru my headphones lol.

To do a good podcast I think we need a few things..

2.  Have the same people doing it regularly so they can get better at it, build repour etc.

It's wierd that I tossed and turned and didn't get much sleep last nite over this ONE suggestion u made... mainly bcuz I didn't voice my view yesterday...

I agree with you on alot of the suggestions Tim, but this one above,... I have 2 disagree. :thumbsdown:

The purpose of the podcast is for all of the fans to get a fair chance of voicing their views on the shows, and it doesnt take much for everyone to go on and talk for about 5 - 10 minutes to go over small details, b4 u actually get set up to record. If not, then they will never get a chance to get good on it at all ... if the same ppl are the only one's doing it...and I dont think thats fair to the others,..

especially since I volunteered prizes... I wanted to extend that opportunity to everyone... The same should stand for the participation in the podcast... I'm sure ppl will remain more interested, and it will be more of a success if they're allowed to be heard as well. but its your call...

As far as repoir,... thats pretty much established on the board already... I would think so anyways...

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

• Admin

theres a difference between doin a podcast and doin a professional podcast.. some people are just good at it..Dave is one..he's funny..pretty smart and has a way with words making him a good host.. obviously in the end we will be able to include everyone in the podcast.not everyone is gonna be available to do it each week...at the moment I'm just focusing on getting the first podcast done..and for that we need to do it right.. I dont want it to become just 4 or 5 people talking..whats the point of that? why would the thousands of will smith fans who visit this site want to listen to that? anyway my initial point is still valid you need 2 or 3 people doing it regularly to become good..because you build up a history..its more than just communication on a message board.. then once we get the podcast up and running with subscribers all the people who said they wanted to participate in this post will get their opportunity....

i think its a good idea keeping similar ppl such as Dave bcoz we do need ppl to know what they are doing, but u could have the main DJs and have ppl as back up for when they cant get there. There is only 7 of us on scype and all set up at the moment.

I would like to be involved but im not exactly a great dj lol and i know i cant be there every sat (its dancing night) so i dont mind just being back up if u need a dj. So thats cool if u want to get it up and running Tim and get it better than last sat haha.

yea...it really was alot of fun we had hanging out online talking before the podcast attempt... lmbo

I understand your point now Tim,... and I think thats a great idea to keep the host/dj the same,... and hopefully those who want to participate will register on SKPYE....but as it stands right now... there's only a few ppl registered,..and they all were online at the same tyme...

I guess I was looking at it from the perspective of thinkin abt DaBrakes, Kev, and the others creative ppl who may be able to share some of their stuff with us on the Podcast... but I understand better now... :2thumbs:

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

Hmmmm... I feel I should be frank for a second and assess my long-term Podcast future. :sigh: I'm leaving tommorow for a week to visit a friend up in NY... and then two weeks later I'm heading off to college lol... I'm not sure what my computer situation will be at school, but I can't gaurantee I'm gonna be able to be a part of any Podcasts while I'm living there and not home on break... Soooooooo, basically, with all of this talk about establishing a core and whatnot, I'm not sure I'm gonna be too reliable in that respect :uhh: which is frustrating because I think it would be incredibly fun to be a part of this... That said, I still would LOVE to be a part of this whenever I can, but if you wanna get the first show done or whatever in the next week (I'll be back next weekend), you can go ahead.........

noooooooooooooo dont leave us, we need you! I think u can definatly help increase our confidence in doing the podcast, well i cant speak for every1 else but if there is some1 that knows what they are doing that helps me learn.

ah well just help us out when u can. Right so has any1 else got any DJ skills lol.

• Admin

Okay guys we'll do the first podcast with Dave next weekend.. maybe we could record as much as we can.. and then i can edit that into multiple shows.. that way it could last us a couple of months :2thumbs: