JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

OFFICIAL LIVE 8 POST

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I just saw it!!!!!!! they didn't play the entire getting jiggy wit it song and hanven't played summertime :thatsux: but at least his performance has been aired here :2thumbs: I think it was a great performance and the FPOBA song was so cool!!!!!

Kanye West was amazin' I've really loved "Jesus Walks" live.......

Edited by Sandy

yey i saw the whole thing between the tv and online. I thought Will was great, like Tim said the fpoba theme was amazing. I thought the crowd responded well, especially since other artists were boring, at lease Will had lively songs and drummers, dancers and fireworks and stuff.

Best entrance of any live 8 concerts

Wrong song choice with jiggy, he should have done 1 more song from his album beside the same old song switch.

FPOBA theme was good cause it got the crowd hyped up, he could have done some more of those like the I wish I made that remix of how we do, or even a switch remix would have been better, or try to mix the 3 switch songs into 1, anything would have been better then jiggy.

I was recording at the dutch channel it gave the entrance,jiggy, switch, FPOBA theme and right then when he was gonna perform summertime they switched the concert to london, I was pissed then I switched to BBC 1 and with a lot of luck they switched to philly will smith was on with summertime 1 song only haha, so I got the performance, If anyone wants I can UPLOAD it.

I am surely dissapointed though, with jazzy and prince and the material they got it could have been better, he should have kept summertime, switch and jiggy closer then 3 minutes each, like 40 seconds jiggy then blend in to how we do then i wish I made that remix, then FPOBA theme with the crowd, then party starter and last switch remix, would have been a BIG PERFORMANCE.

Too bad

I didnt like the performance... The crowd was so quiet

And gettin jiggy sucked. Switch got boring. The only good part was Summertime.

na .. the audience was great ..

they screamed 'go fp' at the end if i remember it correctly :lolsign:

Really? well i didnt hear it. but come on, when he did gettin jiggy everybody was quiet and bored. nobody was singing along the refrain. they werent even clapping or something like that.

yeah but every1 looks bored when other artists are on. Its a long day for them so it looks like they are bored. I thought he was recieved really well, the fpoba theme blew me away, thats the best responce ive seen in live 8 out of the performances ive seen.

I find that to be shocking that people weren't feelin' "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It", that song's classic, everybody loves that song and JJFP represent Philly, there should be more love from the hometown crowd, I thought that JJFP should've had more time to perform, I thought it was gonna be a 20 minute set, and they only broadcasted "Switch" and a minute of "Summertime" on MTV while they showed Jay-Z performing with Linkin' Park all the way through. :mad: Well anyway it's nice to see all the artists comin' out to support this cause, that's the main thing about this day.

Edited by bigted