JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

TLC NEWZ

Here's just a bit of news on my girlz TLC.

Their Greatest Hits album Now + Forever has just been released in the US. It waz packaged back in 2003 featuring most of their hits along with a new song and a song intended for 3D. It waz released overseas and certified platnium, but waz never released in the US due 2 bad promotion, TLC's lack of involvment in it, Arista closing it's doors, etc. Well, now it's out...and on sale at Circuit City for $9.99 thru' Saturday.

Also, T-Boz's and Chilli's talent reality show R U The Girl With T-Boz + Chilli will start airing on July 27th on UPN. In the show, TLC puts a bunch of aspiring entertainers thru' "TLC Boot Camp"...looking 4 a talented individual who can sing, rap, dance, and have chemistry with the girls. The winner will get 2 perform with the girls and record a song with them. TLC promises they aren't gonna make the show like your average talent search reality show and that it'll be loaded with comedy.

Even tho' i got Now + Forever back in 2003 (an import version of course). But as a die-hard TLC fan, i made sure i got this US release. It's obvious that they had these sitting in a warehouse 4 nearly 2 years cuz they have the 2003 copywrite on them.

They've said that they aren't trying 2 replace her. They want 2 move on with their careers, however, when Arista closed their doors, their Greatest Hits album waz up in the air with no promotion and no one 2 put it out. They both also couldn't get their solo albums 2 take form, tho' they both have worked on one.

They wanted 2 promote the greatest hits album with the TV show and felt that jumping on the reality show craze waz the way 2 go. They keep saying that replacing Left Eye is not the idea, but 2 put other entertainers thru' boot camp, TLC style, and the winner will record a song with them and tour with them. They said that if the winner dose have crazy chemistry with them, that they won't rule out future colaborations, but that inviting them in 2 TLC is not their intention.