JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Party Starter on the Radio

Just now, I was instant messaging a DJ from a hip-hop station in the area, trying to get on Party Starter, and he said no way. It is ridiculous, I really vented after him, and he hasn't responded.

rcpbball30: oh, by the way, Will Smith is way better than 50, Mike Jones or any other **** y'all are playing. He actually has strong lyrics, a positive message and a good song, u guys are wack if you don't pay your respects to a hiphop pioneer

rcpbball30:no response, thats what i thought, you guys are too stupid to recognize his talent

Thats what I said to him.

He said "noway" and that was it, he ignored, which made me even more mad.

• Admin

i was making the same point to this big hip hop dj in texas..tryin to get him to play will he said no way we'll leave that to our pop stations.. they say their audience wouldnt like it..the funny thing is if they played party starter i bet a hell of a lot their listeners would be feelin it

The same thing happened with switch and still ppl bought it. You would have thought they would learn from that. But no, we have to listen to what the radio stations tell us to listen to and not what we want to listen to.

Seems like we have a lot of work ahead of us for helping party starter.

Funny they don't have any touch with the streets. the streets is actually, for the first time ever feeling a will smith album cause it's good.

Yeah, it is a shame, but hopefully they will at least jump on the bandwagon. I just don't understand why they won't play it first, like when they have all the exclusives from 50 and the G-Unit and Eminem. It is ridiculous.