JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Back-Up Rappers

Its good to be back!!!! I've been gone for sometime after some misconstrued statements a while ago, but I'm Back with a new obervation and question for y'all.

Have you noticed that ALL Rappers need backup rappers when they are performing live, everyone except WILL SMITH!!!! You see at rap shows like 5 other rappers raping with the main rapper, except Will Smith!!! All he needs is Jazzy on the wheels, and mic in his hand. :jazzy:

My question is: Do you think that Will should have backup Rappers or keep it the way it is? Is he effective with just himself or does he need others, when he runs out of breath????

Thoughts??

Will does use 'hype men' when rapping! Everytime I see him do party starter he has hype men. This might also be to add to the energy tho!

From what i've seen tho Will doesn't need a hype man! He can command the stage with just him and Jazzy! I find hype men annoying anyway!

Yeah, I have noticed that, too. These rappers nowadays never do a song by themselves. Some hype men at the right time for effect, like Will and Party Starter are okay, but like with Mike Jones last night, too many are ridiculous.

Will does use 'hype men' when rapping!  Everytime I see him do party starter he has hype men.  This might also be to add to the energy tho!

From what i've seen tho Will doesn't need a hype man!  He can command the stage with just him and Jazzy!  I find hype men annoying anyway!

I've never seen him do partystarter....it must be on the dvd, who are the hype men????? are they good????

I don't got the dvd yet..... :mad:

Too many hype men can be bad!!!!!

I've seen LL Cool J, and Common perform without hype men aswell

Yeah, LL and Common are legitimate, good rappers, like Will. Only the lousy ones need that.