JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will will have it going on!

• Members

Will's Live 8 show in Philly is going to have so many huge names. Way to go Will! He is the only person I've seen on the Live 8 site that is listed as a host. - ProfX

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Alicia Keys, the Black Eyed Peas, Josh Groban, Def Leppard and Toby Keith have been added to the lineup of Saturday's Live 8 concert in Philadelphia.

Celebrity presenters at the show also will include actors Salma Hayek, Natalie Portman, Chris Tucker, Jennifer Connolly, Jimmy Smits and Kami, an HIV-positive Muppet from the South African version of "Sesame Street," organizers said Monday.

The show also will feature host Will Smith and performances from Bon Jovi, Destiny's Child, Linkin Park, Maroon 5, the Dave Matthews Band, Jay-Z, Keith Urban, Maroon 5, P. Diddy, Rob Thomas, Sarah McLachlan and Stevie Wonder.

Hip-hop impressario Russell Simmons has signed on as a producer.

The Philadelphia show is one of nine concerts aimed at pressuring leaders of the world's richest countries, the G8, to cancel Africa's unpayable debts and double aid for the continent. The concerts take place days before G-8 leaders meet in Scotland.

The other concert sites are in London; Moscow; Paris; Berlin; Rome; Tokyo; Barrie, Canada; and Johannesburg, South Africa.

In the United States, VH1 and MTV will air eight hours of the concert, while America Online, which owns the U.S. rights to the concerts, will beam them on the Internet.

my only problem is the same problem that i have with the BET awards and it's this - it says he's hosting the awards, but it doesn't actually say he's performing. this by no means rules out the possibility that he will perform, i'm just gonna be a bit dissapointed if he doesn't

:yeahthat: Yeah I would love 2 see Will n Jazzy perform. But if not I'll be ok. I'll live. It's nice 2 see that Will is taking this Ambassador 4 the 46664 thing seriously. He is really making sure ppl know about the cause. WAY 2 GO WILLIE :woot:

I've heard that he is performing too..but then again swedish media isn't so reliable.

No matter what he is doing a great thing.

i read somewhere that there are over 100 performances, dont know how much of this is true, but they are more likely to promote ppl like p diddy, 50, snoop being there and not Will.

After the dissapointment of the BEt awards i really really hope he performs here.

Its says here he will perform.

WHO IS TAKING PART?

Madonna

Sir Paul McCartney

Coldplay

Sir Elton John

Robbie Williams

Will Smith

Stevie Wonder

50 Cent

Youssou N'Dour

Jamiroquai

A-ha

Duran Duran

Read the list of artists in full

Will Smith, Bon Jovi, Stevie Wonder and Maroon 5 are among the performers who will play the US city's Cradle of America venue.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4594865.stm

Well if Jazzy Jeff is there, Will is gonna perform, Jazzy Jeff wasn't there last night so they didn't perform at the BET Awards.