JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will's big break comes this week?

Tomorrow he's doing the BET awards, both hosting and performing. It's a big event especially for the black community and the hiphopworld.

This saturday he's doing Live 8, the mest antipicated event in 20 years since the last Live Aid. Live 8 is going to be seen by 2-3 billions of people and BET awards will have a big commercial effect.

Now...If he does partystarted AND Switch at both concerts...we could be seeing a great week for Will as he starts promoting Partystarter at the same time as he gets a huge spot in the limelight. This will prolly affect next weeks albumsales and... Help him on his way to do another platinum record.

Edited by Frenetic

i cant wait for this week, i was reading in the paper about live 8 and it said it is being broadcasted to 5.5 billion ppl around the world. we dont know how many are gonna watch it but but we can a lot! Please Will do party starter and i know this is gonna do huge things for him as a rapper and his album sales.

Its a good week to be a will smith fan! :1-say-yes:

I hate to rain on your parade but .... this isn't an event to be thinking about album sales

I hate to rain on your parade but .... this isn't an event to be thinking about album sales

Well I think its no difference in thinking about album sales than thinking about poor children, cus it doesnt really care what you as a man thinks if you dont do anything, know what I mean?

Even tho I'll think about the problems most of the time, I for sure will give Wills sales a thought, while sending money to the poor kids. Thats okey in my point of view.

hey the live 8 concert may not be about sales..but the performance is gonna increase sales thats fact

That's what I'm saying.

Besides.... alot of the artists performing don't give **** about the cause of live 8.

I don't see why he shouldn't do Switch, that's a stupid thing to say. You always perform you llatest Hit. Cause people know it and like it. BUT, then when a new single is coming, if u have the opportunity you should do the new single too.

He'll do Switch, cos he'll want to play something people will know and get down to. But that doesn't mean he wont do Party Starter, in fact im sure he will as he seems to be wanting to drop that in nowadays.

Switcharoo aint dead to the mass public yet. It still in the charts which means its popular with the not so huge Will Smith fans

Trac: The live 8 from philly is being broadcasted live in AOL thru internet.

at the moment i know, that the BBC are showing the UK and Philly concert.

Plus each performer has about 15 mins on stage, so i doubt he's gonna do a 15 min version of switch :lolsign: