JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Where is Party Starter!

Yesterday I and a couple of friends were driving down to the paintball fields so that we could splatter one another. It's 95 degrees outside. The highway is packed with cars going down to the beach and the ocean front... people have their windows down, sweating, sunglasses reflecting, ladies looking good, fellas trying to holla, and I'm thinking... where is Party Starter when you need it?

Ok, so I'm getting impatient... but we're going on 4 months between singles... this is unorthadox. At this rate, we're going to get "Tell Me Why" in November...

And I'm sitting in the back of the car, and my boy, bless is heart, is blaring some wackness, and I'm humming Party Starter in my head while we're playing "spot the hunny in the next car..."

It's madness I say. I'm telling you right now, if I don't hear Party Starter at the BET awards, there's going to be trouble.

There's no "Supposed to be" anything. Nothings been proven except assumptions as to when its gonna be released.

Party Starter will hit TV and radio next month and thats fine. Why is everyone so damn impatient all the time, so you think we were this bad when we were waiting 3 years for L&F to come out, I don't think so. Its not like we can't listen to the song or nothin

Yeh waiting for the vid is kinda a drag, but its something to look forward to rather than moan about not having it yet. "Bit contradictory of myself there" :haha:

we're playing "spot the hunny in the next car..."

Sounds like a good game, better than I spy with my little eye :lolsign:

Party Starter is supposed to be the next summer hit and I have heard Summertime 5 times in the last 2 days on the radio, it is definitely time for them to release that song!

• Admin

well we waited 3 years for lost and found 8 months for switch and now we are going on 4 months for party starter.. its definitely a loooooonnnngggg wait.. i know itll definitely get released here in august i just hope you guys get it in July..im sure its comin in a week or two because Wills started a movie in august so hed wanna get out and promote party starter in july

I hope that Party starter will be soon released... I don't really love PS but I wanna see another music video and I wanna another summer song!! and if we consider that switch was released in february.....4 months ago... Well It's time for something of Fresh and NEW!!! :kungfu:

well it wasn't exactly released in feb, it didnt make it to the shops until way into March. I can imagine this hitting shops soon after its TV and Radio released tho, no need to have weeks of promo for it as Will is back already and people know it.

Switch was released to radio and was on the charts in late February. It was steadily rising on itunes and the charts...

You guys even talked about it

http://jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/inde...1&st=&p=entry

http://jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/inde...1&st=&p=entry

http://jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=2775

http://jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=2769

The single itself hitting shops is almost a moot point in the US for obvious reasons.

We're just waiting for it to hit radio and tv.

Poor Tim down under...

• Admin

Whoa! Will's the Party Starter,

We might wait a long time but we'll party harder

If you, tell the DJ to start playin the damn song

so we can dance all night to the early mornin’

:wtf:

• Admin

He was raised in the days when the interscope was delayin

Every Lost & Found occasion, new & amazing

Checked the release dates amazed and gazin’

Prayin for the day they would one day release it!

Studied the ways of the game & wondered

Why they Came through the Switch haze & still refused to play it perfect

Days for any person to hear it

But Interscope hated the idea & cursed him, he was unfazed

He waited, it was worth it, he never retaliated

He saved it, slavin’, on the road party starter blazin’

for Days when he was low, nothin’ could raise him

He waited for the radio show & somethin’ uncaged in him

Play party starter before its time will fade (ya heard)

get the single and throw it into a rave

like you threw a grenade – BOOM!!

Whoa! Please Release Party Starter!

We been waitin long enough to get this party started!

So, tell the DJs to start playin the damn song

so we can dance all night to the early mornin’

yes this waiting may have made me stir crazy :wait: :sleep2: :sigh: :crazy:

I have a lost and found press pack, and it details all of the promotion/release dates.

I saw some of you talking about when switch was released to radio and things so i'll confirm it.

"Add Date at Top 40 & Crossover - 2/14

Add date at Urban - 2/28"

maybe at some time i will type up all of the promotion that was done for the album