JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Would Tupac Do?

Mike

that's a good question. i'm not sure what he'd think of people kinda tryin 2 copy his style and be all gangsta. i think he would've liked Em when he was early in his career and he would've collabed with him back in Em's early days. i think he would've been cool with Jay-Z and Kanye and all those guys, but he probably wouldn't like all of the 'fake' thugs like Ja Rule + Murder Inc and G-Unit.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Pac would work with Jay-Z, he didn't like Jay-Z when he died and that's when Jay-Z was at the prime of his career, I don't think Pac would like that "Change Clothes" crap that Jigga put out now if he didn't like Jay-Z in the "Reasonable Doubt" era and he sure the hell wouldn't be happy with Jay-Z for biting his style, I don't think Kanye would've ever started rapping either if Pac was still living. He probably wouldn't be on any major label, he wouldn't sell that much now as he did back then, and he'd work more to discover new rappers on his own record label that nobody heard of rather than working with the popular rappers 'cause he wasn't feelin' that many cats back then, so I don't think he'd be feelin' them now, commercial rap is worse now than it was 10 years ago.

Edited by bigted

Personally I think Suge Knight had sumthing 2 do wit it. Maybe Tupac was getting tried of doing these "diss" records at Biggie like Biggie did wit Tupac. Or maybe he wanted 2 move out and start his own label. At any rate he probably would only do certin collabos that he thought sounded good. I agree wit Big Ted that he wouldn't do a collab wit Jay-Z. But I can see him doing a collab wit Will on The Rain or Lost and Found. Now that would have been cool.

Edited by Angel Amor

that's a good question. i'm not sure what he'd think of people kinda tryin 2 copy his style and be all gangsta. i think he would've liked Em when he was early in his career and he would've collabed with him back in Em's early days. i think he would've been cool with Jay-Z and Kanye and all those guys, but he probably wouldn't like all of the 'fake' thugs like Ja Rule + Murder Inc and G-Unit.

I think he would like Ja Rule `Cause Ja alway say`s that Pac is the man!

And to call them fake is crab..You don`t`know if they are fake!

if he was still rappini i'd say he'd do **** with Dre, Dead Prez, Common.

If he aint rappin then he would have something like aftermath, bute more responsible artists.

Im doubtfull if he still would do music and the same quality. Im not saying Tupac were bad or anything, but when you build your rap so much on feelings, I guess it could be really hard to express extreme anger for regular cds in a ~15 year period.

Big L will no doubt be spitting legendary Lyrics down the mic. Biggie would of probably stayed with Bad Boy records and kept rhyming dropping albums every now and then. Big Pun would still be with Fat Joe.

2pac Would roll with the crew he always had rolled wit apart from Deathrow. There was hot new artists on the Deathrow label. So the money that Pac would of got Im sure he would of probably made his own label inviting new talents on with it.

Big L will no doubt be spitting legendary Lyrics down the mic. Biggie would of probably stayed with Bad Boy records and kept rhyming dropping albums every now and then. Big Pun would still be with Fat Joe.

2pac Would roll with the crew he always had rolled wit apart from Deathrow. There was hot new artists on the Deathrow label. So the money that Pac would of got Im sure he would of probably made his own label inviting new talents on with it.

Yeah i think you`r right with al of them :1-say-yes:

bea321. I can pretty much garuentee whoever shot Tupac would of got shot for shooting him. there was supposed "Gang wars". And the reason Tupac got shot was because He beat someone up who was in another gang aka (Biggies) But the police didnt have any solid evedience against anyone.

I had heard the boss of his label was implied in the murder but it seemed to me so amazing I just couldn't believe it!...

If Tupac were alive today, the whole world of Hip Hop would be different.

And actually, Pac knew he wouldn't live past 30 anyway, so he wouldn't be wit us after 2001.

Yeah Pac would be 34 now and be considered ol' school, it's amazing how many peeps in hip-hop we lost over the years: Jam Master Jay, Left Eye, and Aaliyah are a few others that we didn't mention, if all them were alive still a lot of talentless artists wouldn't be signed.

• Members

If 2Pac would have been alive now, then Snoop wouldn't have gone soft and probably it would be Pac and Snoop against the entire Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit crew and also against Ja, Joe, Nas, Jay-Z, Kanye, etc. etc. In fact, it would have even been possible that 50 Cent, Eminem, Ja Rule and everybody else would have been pals going against Pac and Snoop. Who knows, it would have been one hell of a warped rap world if Pac was alive. :hmm:

If Tupac were alive today, the whole world of Hip Hop would be different.

And actually, Pac knew he wouldn't live past 30 anyway, so he wouldn't be wit us after 2001.

Yeah Pac would be 34 now and be considered ol' school, it's amazing how many peeps in hip-hop we lost over the years: Jam Master Jay, Left Eye, and Aaliyah are a few others that we didn't mention, if all them were alive still a lot of talentless artists wouldn't be signed.

It's something to think about when U look at how all these artists died. We're yet to hear a hip hop artist die of old age. Hip hop is still a very young music genre. JMJ died in a shooting at Quad Recording Studios (Pac may have in '94, but he survived), Aaliyah died in a plane crash, Left Eye died in a car accident (right?), Big L was shot (right?), Easy-E died of AIDS, Pac and BIG died in drive-by-car shootings, Pun died from health problems, and I know there's more worth mentioning.