JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Pete and Pete

scyhigh99

I don't have much to say here, except...

1. Does anyone remember the early 90's Nickelodeon sitcom Pete and Pete? :hmm:

2. ...Because it was the BEST THING EVER(!) :scared07:

It was randomly released on DVD recently and me and a couple of compadres definately watched the whole first disc yesterday, in succession. Yes, it was kind of a kid's show. Yes, we're all 18. But we're all easily amused, and more than a little bit lazy.

Artie, the Strongest Man in the World, is my hero. :fly:

This topic needed to be brought up. :pony:

Edited by scyhigh99

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete + Pete waz brilliant. I remember the lil' skits they did in the early 90's...and by the mid-90's they had their own show which lasted thru' 1996 or so. That show has a strong cult following, i can't believe it wazn't released in a big way. Both teens and adults loved that show. I'm definitly gonna find it and pick it up sometime soon.

I used to love Pete & Pete, the theme song ruled, but never found out what band performed it.

Surprised its been released on DVD, then like the FPOBA there probably was huge demand for it.

Hopefully Nickledeon mie give into releasing some of its other forgotten classics

I used to love Pete & Pete, the theme song ruled, but never found out what band performed it.

Surprised its been released on DVD, then like the FPOBA there probably was huge demand for it.

Hopefully Nickledeon mie give into releasing some of its other forgotten classics

hahaha I'm actually on a quest for that song as we speak, it's called "Hey Sandy" by Polaris but I can't find it for free or even on iTunes (I really don't wanna buy a whole album to get it lol)... but as for other shows, I read they have plans to actually release a bunch of them, if Pete and Pete and Clarissa Explains it All (also recently released) do well... It's called the "Nick Rewind" collection or something, and I am far more excited than I should be about it. :wiggle:

When i first got cable Tv in 1996 Nickleodeon was my fave channel for about 4 years, i used to watch pretty much everything on there.

Doug, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Sister Sister, Kenan & Kel, Alex Mack.

They were all great, I'd be interested in getting a compo DVD of the shows, Mainly for Nostalgic reasons

http://rapidshare.de/files/2572017/Polaris..._song_.mp3.html

There it is, in all its mid-90's grunge glory.

While we're on this nostalgia trip, my favorite Nick Shows were...

Pete & Pete, Clarissa (hey, my sister watched it), Hey Dude, Doug (!!!!!), Nick Arcade, GUTS (I wanted to be on that show more than could possibly be healthy), and, of course, Hey Dude

Keenen and Kel also rocked my world... I actually have had multiple conversations with multiple people about the "I PUT THE SCREW IN THE TUNA" episode... if you're another person who remembers this specifically, you're my best friend

Edited by scyhigh99