JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BREAKING NEWS: LOST & FOUND - GOLD!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, but there is still more to accomplish like the second single being successful, and hopefully, in turn, the album going platinum. I am glad for Will, it was quite a rebound from Born to Reign.

hey cataboy make sure ur putting Will Smith in the "Artist" field and no where else, otherwise it worked fine 4 me

GREAT NEWZ! :respect: Switch has done it's job, now it's time 4 Party Starter to come in and go Plat and help L&F reach Plat status!! if Party Starter and Tell Me Why have the impact that Switch has had, there's no limit to the success of Lost & Found!!

I found the information for digital download singles and their award status. Here's the info from RIAA.com:

2004 - RIAA launches the digital sales award program. Developed to recognize the significant sales of the burgeoning digital market, Digital Gold™ awards represent 100,000 downloads and Digital Platinum™ awards represent 200,000 downloads. Multi-Platinum awards start at 400,000 in increments of 200,000 thereafter.

So that means that there have been over 200,000 downloads of Switch which is very impressive for a digital single. Go Will!!

:2thumbs:

cool, lost and found platinum here we come. Is a single going platinum a big deal these days, does it happen often?

not sure, but keep in mind in went Platinum as a digital track. i'm not sure if doin as a digital track is more or less of an accomplishment. it makes sense tho since Will never released the Switch single in the US, it has 2 be measured as a digital track in terms of downloads.

• Admin

theyve probably only been only 5 to 10 songs go platinum for digital sales.. so really Switch is one of the biggest digital songs of all time.. really if it wasnt for iTunes and digital sales i dont even think switch would have gotten in the charts.. radio ignored switch but switch got into the top ten in iTunes..because billboard now included digital sales towards the hot 100 thats how switch got up in the charts so early..eventually the people forced radio to start playing switch after it had reached its peak in digital sales.. its a pity because if the radio was at its peak..and switchs digital sales were at its peak at the same time i think it could have got to #1..

I think the problem, was will had been away from rap for a while, and most people see him as just an actor now.

Will needed a single like switch to let everyone know that he was a rapper first.

When the second single comes out i'm sure radio will play it, all thanks to switch

its about time switch went platinum..its been at the top of the digital charts for months..

I'm really happy Will now has his 7th Gold album.. before lost and found came out there was so much resistence to Wills music everyone came out to take shots at Will..Switch initially received no support from radio, BET and 106 & park never played it..it was never on TRL but the people have done their thing.. its really a fantastic achievement for Will considering he is now in his 20th year of a rap career..don't underestimate the importance of what Wills done..especially in the climate of music thats out now when people like 50 cent and eminem rule the game.. theres no1 else out there like Will..and hes still doin his thing!  :wiggle:

:yeahthat: Will has stayed relevant for a long time in the hip-hop game, you could say that he's the Michael Jordan of hip-hop with all the things he's accomplished, he's set the standard to a great career as an mc.

As I said before, I am elated for Will that he has another Gold album. I just have a question, if it has only sold 480K or whatever the number is, how is it that it is certified gold, I mean there is no doubt, within another week it will have 500K, but I was just wondering why that is done.

Well actually it isn't gold in sold units... but in shipped units. but ofcourse...if nothing really wierds happens like all the units shipped get stolen and disappered so noone can buy them then he is gold in sold units to next week.

Congrats! It feels like Platinum is near with the right promotion and singles!